• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My new project car

Here it is. I cannot believe how many extra parts this comes with. He said if I wanted the car I'd have to haul it all off, even the parts car. Included is a bench seat, 9" rear, extra doors, deck lid, floor pans, etc. The stash is in a shop that is screwed shut and I took the picture through a hole. I will try to start hauling it home next week.
65convertible001.jpg
65convertible002.jpg
65convertible003.jpg
65convertible003.jpg
65convertible005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, that is a project for sure. Looks like you got a job ahead of you for sure. Good luck with the multiple trips home with it....

Cool project! What are the build plans? Wild? mild? Boring, I mean original.....

My car used to have the same rear tires....

65convertible005.jpg

2_03_03_09_6_01_12_0.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure you figured out the black one is the donor. I'm not sure what will be the plan yet. I can never leave good enough along though. I'm sure it will turn into a GT350 vert when it's all said and done. The wife wants it blue w/white stripes since mine is white with blue stripes. I'm not even sure if I'll start on it this year.

Last Saturday I started hauling, and hauling, and hauling.............

Any way, the wife was pissed to come home and see all the parts in the drive way. Crap, it's not like we live in the woods any way. Who's gonna see all my junk? There is a lot of crap that will be dumped but then there's the treasures. Included was a close ratio 1965 toploader. Lots of small parts in the big boxes. One cool item was a trailer hitch stamped FoMoCo. This coming weekend I am supposed to get the car. Here is a link to the pics.
http://s322.photobucket.com/albums/nn405/valleyfirearms/convertible%20project/

Now we wait for the questions.....what the heck is this for????? That is a lot of boxed "stuff" for sure.

:hmm OMG! :pop I wish I were there to help you! :pep Since I'm now a near expert on a '67 coupe! I say "near" cause it's not finished yet! Once it's all home, what are you going to start on? :pop Don't buy parts until you ABSOLUTELY need them! I've had parts just sitting around for a year that I didnt need! Use baggies for small parts, I'm amazed of how many parts just dissappeared in my garage!! Now you'll need to include your wife in on this somehow so you won't disrupt your marriage! Let her pick colors, get her a cute mustang jacket. TAKE LOTS OF PHOTOS!
dne'

"Sportbikechick" said:
Now you'll need to include your wife in on this somehow so you won't disrupt your marriage!

Just don't take her for a ride if you supercharge this one!

Back