• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My newest project, '59 Apache Truck

Gee jan, that's some great wall art!! Maybe when I'm done with restoration, I'll make my garage more of a showcase than a Garage. That dash is totally awesome and I bet is worth a pretty penny as it all looks like new stuff! I was looking at the rear seat in the impala, it's perfect, but i'm not sure where I'd put it until I get to it~ I keep telling Gary, I NEED A LARGER GARAGE! I'll get that seat out, I promise!

now TB350, I couldn't open that site you put.
dne'

Sorry Dne', it was just a pic from a thread on CJ Pony parts and not a link. If you want I could link it but it doesn't tell you how to. It was just a guy looking for Mustang rear ends to make more of these. kip

Gee Jan, that's some great looking wall art! that dash also is superb, all of it is~!

TB350, I couldn't open that link, and it's ok if you post stuff here~~ ; )

My impala seat, keep it?
rearseatimpala.jpg

Tb350, when I click on a little x, a site comes up, CJ pony and says I have to log in, but I'm not a member of that site. :shrug

Hmmm, my mistake, because I can see it I assumed everyone could. I'll see if I can fix it. Sorry, kip

OMG Kip! that's awesome! How creative! the entire scene! :wor :wor

"TB350" said:
Sorry to add off topic stuff to your thread Dne', but I think John or anyone else would like to see this;
index.php

From an old thread on CJ Pony parts site. kip

Got my Grill!

Got the grill Rob! just needs some cleanup, some new lenses and it'll be ready to put on! It's just been hanging on this guys wall for 25 years! So it has a pretty good history, which in turn adds more character to my Apache! ;)
THanks goes out to Rob! :wor
dne'
"Dne'" said:
Ok Rob~ I wrote the guy this morning, just one more time I thought I'd try for this grill. He called me and apologetically told me how busy he has been. He got the quote for shipping, so total will be about 300.oo, still quite a bit cheaper than a repop, plus it has a history to go with the truck! He did say it may need some bezels as the chrome is kind of peeling. I was going to take it all apart anyway to clean it up, replace lenses etc. Thank you again!! :wor
; ) dne'

grill.jpg

Nice!!!! :thu Great that you decided to recontact him. Looks to be in pretty good shape. kip

truck back inside and time to work!

I'm pretty much done with the Impala, so Gary helped me get it outside, and i pulled the Apache inside. I followed my plan yesterday to pull the tranny. Azpete mentioned dropping it from the inside of the cab with my enginecrane and that worked great! I lowered it down to a small 4 wheel dolly, then I had to put the truck back up in the air to roll the tranny out from underneath the truck. Despite the tranny being a clumsy heavy object, it was quite easy to get out.

Today, I should be able to get the 230 I6 engine out, and you can imagine, my garage is growing smaller again(like when having done the Mustang). I think I may put the hood in my home or I was thinking on the bedrails; put some carpet not to scratch the paint; not sure. Anyway, Sylvester, the man I got the Impala from is supposedly coming out this morning to get the Impala~ he has a flatbed wrecker, plus he said he wanted to see what I was doing! It'll be nice to have a visitor! ; ) Maybe even give me some ideas ; )

Apacheinplace.jpg

Sorry bout the fuzzy pic; I'll be using my good camera from now on! ; )
loweringoldtranny.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Engine out! : )

Most difficulty was finding places to bolt my chains to to pull it out! Otherwise wasn't bad.

230I6.jpg

Herb, my engine builder said to leave the bellhousing in and bolt my new engine up to it to find out where to weld in my engine supports; then pull it back out, weld them in, then put it back in to recheck(gag) The crossmember that is supporting the bellhousing I've read is supposed to be removed to install my turbo350 tranny. I'll be putting the engine in, the tranny. My tranny guy said he has a broken gutted tranny 350 housing I could use for mocking up the tranny support. I like that idea! however, I need to work on the engine compartment; plenty to do there for a few weeks at the rate I'm going.
Bellhousing.jpg

uh oh! :(

While removing EVERYTHING from the cab, I saw the "patch pieces" kind of screwed to the floor covered with a tarry substance. I managed to get the piece off and vwala~! a rusty floor! argh! Just what I needed to slow my progress! Tomorrow, a fellow member from the 67-72 chevytruck site is coming over in the morning to help me access the situation, plus he can get the parts that I need. He has a shop in Katy, down the street, and really nice to have on the spot advice!! I'll post an update tomorrow evening ; )
photo: kind of hard to tell, but is the passenger side floor and kick panel, the other is my vacuum cleaner on the floor seen through the hole in the floorboard.
passengerrightinside.jpg

Doesn't look as bad in this photo, but it's still bad!
passengersidewhole.jpg

Newer seat and replica engine

Well, went out to the salvage yard today and got this 2nd row Tahoe seat! Very nice, leather, Tan, center console. Hope it fits!

Then, yesterday I received my replica engine! that's fun! it weighs about 25lbs with the fake intake. Should make mocking up the permanent engine much easier!!

newseat.jpg

replica.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that seat. That should look great in there. It's kind of the best of both worlds between buckets and a bench.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

That seat will look good if it fits. So many times the newer seats have to thick of a back on them. This pushes the seat closer to the wheel, and snug for driving comfortably.

"AzPete" said:
That seat will look good if it fits. So many times the newer seats have to thick of a back on them. This pushes the seat closer to the wheel, and snug for driving comfortably.
Yea... For a dude. Dont forget, women usually dont want to (or need to) sit all the way back.

Yep....realize that to....just thought I would mention it.......of course for me, I need to sit in the bed to clear the wheel......

Back