• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My opinion on the sale of the other site

I cant imagine it costing much other than time. I contributed because of the wealth of knowledge there. I renewed my donation the week before the sale, had I known of the sale, I wouldnt have renewed and I'm pissed it wasnt announced sooner. The new format blows. I still read through but alot less than before. Just does not have the same feel to it. I'm glad to see this forum grow with the same helpful members. My next donation will go here!

"FordDude" said:
So just how many have left the site due to banning or just not caring about the former owner. Or due we need to open another thread or poll?

The beginning of the end, for me, was at CF whatever in Seattle. There were some things said and done up there that really left a bad taste in my mouth. I really, really tried to stay out of the politics of the whole thing, but found myself posting less and less, and caring about the site less and less.

The final straw was when a moderator physically changed one of my posts then deleted the a post where I complained about it. I haven't posted on there since. I don't care, and don't loose sleep over it. I've found a new home here. :vic

The important thing is that we have each other and know who our friends are. Group hug..... :3sum

More and more, I'm realizing how Bob sold us all out by selling the forum without any advance notice. It's gone from being a forum run by an enthusiast to one run by people concerned with one thing--M.O.N.E.Y. That's why we're seeing such an influx of new members to look at all the ads and buy, buy, buy. Bob could have floated the idea of passing on the forum to see if another member could take it on, but he didn't. Now it's just part of a big forum farm and the long time members can look forward to a future of answering the same old questions for a never ending parade of newbies, and offering advice that's never taken.

Frank

Well Frank as we always say...'Its yours do as you want' and VMF was his so......
Oh I agree with you on how may have handled it but then again the mantra.
As for newbies asking the same questions, well we were all newbies once and new guys and even old farts still need answers so I think that postion is a little weak. As for not taking advice well we've seen that before too. Most of our anger I think is how we were treated based on personal feelings rather than breaking some website rule. Those there now don't know of what happened and don't care. All they know is VMF is a website that helps them with their cars. It will live on.

I also enjoy the people I meet and have met there and here now which makes me enjoy the hobby even more.

"KBMWRS" said:
As for newbies asking the same questions, well we were all newbies once and new guys and even old farts still need answers so I think that postion is a little weak

You're right, of course. I didn't mean to rail against newbies. That's what happens when I post late at night, my curmudgeonly side comes out. :po

Frank

So are you guys mad at me???

I've decided to stay on there. Am I on the blacklist?? (I certainly hope not.)
Stan

Re: So are you guys mad at me???

"aslan" said:
I've decided to stay on there. Am I on the blacklist?? (I certainly hope not.)
Stan

Are you on a black list here? I dont think we have one, only a GO list and a :gobp list.....

Oh we still look in there....for the comedy...or is it tragedy?
No posting though for the dreaded 'BANNING' threat. Makes for a nice place to stay away from.

Mike, I'm really sorry you got banned. I don't know what happened nor do I want to know. I guess I see that some will like it here, others at VMF and others in both places. I guess I'm in the latter group.
Stan

"aslan" said:
Mike, I'm really sorry you got banned. I don't know what happened nor do I want to know. I guess I see that some will like it here, others at VMF and others in both places. I guess I'm in the latter group.
Stan

Stan, Aren't you a super moderator over there? And you don't know why Mike was banned? Hmmmmmm.

Yes, I'm a "super moderator" (big deal!) and no I don't know what happened Craig. I think we've lost the fact that we all are here and there because we love our Mustangs. Too much bickering on both sides have created a rift and it's really too bad. Probably if we all would pause a couple of minutes before posting, there would be less problems. It's too bad it has escalated on both sides.
Stan

"aslan" said:
I guess I see that some will like it here, others at VMF and others in both places. I guess I'm in the latter group.
Stan

Well put Stan.
As far as I'm concerned anyone is welcome here. I still pop in VMF once in a while. I'd probably check it out more often, but I get this feeling I'm being watched every time I log in. I don't have a beef with anyone there.

To be perfectly honest with you, I don't think anyone is watching you. I've heard some interesting "facts" from both groups and the longer the "facts" go, the "truer" it becomes. That's really too bad. And no, I'm not going to break out in a Rodney King impersonation.

"aslan" said:
Yes, I'm a "super moderator" (big deal!) and no I don't know what happened Craig. I think we've lost the fact that we all are here and there because we love our Mustangs. Too much bickering on both sides have created a rift and it's really too bad. Probably if we all would pause a couple of minutes before posting, there would be less problems. It's too bad it has escalated on both sides.
Stan

Sorry, I can't buy it. To me if you are a moderator of another forum, you are 100% commited to it. To belong to yet another forum, you are simply snooping.

"aslan" said:
I've heard some interesting "facts" from both groups and the longer the "facts" go, the "truer" it becomes.

Could you elaborate on this a bit?

"cmayna" said:
Sorry, I can't buy it. To me if you are a moderator of another forum, you are 100% commited to it. To belong to yet another forum, you are simply snooping.
I certainly hope you're kidding cause I'd hate to have you calling me a liar.
Stan

Back