• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My opinion on the sale of the other site

"aslan" said:
Thanks Craig, even though I stayed up late last night thinking of bad things I could do to you. LOL

Next time just call my wife. She'll give you a long list of bad things you could do.

As I have posted previously, the sense of community is what drew me to VMF in the first place and my perception that the community was changing in ways that I found troubling over the past year and a half is what drew me to Stang Fix. I still visit VMF but find that I post far less frequently as I find the overall atmosphere less friendly. Perhaps the most troubling change at VMF had been the manner in which highly regarded long standing contributors to the VMF community have been summarily disciplined for what appears to me to be a perception of disloyalty. I continue to subscribe to the theory that a well regarded hobbyist forum is a direct function of its members' contributions to that community. Make no mistake, there has been a discernible exodus of experienced brainpower from VMF that can be traced directly to the decline in the quality of the hobbyist experience. At the end of the day, this place has developed into a more friendly community where dissenting opinions are not feared and a hobbyist can tap into a wealth of knowledge generously dispensed among friends.

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
More and more, I'm realizing how Bob sold us all out by selling the forum without any advance notice. It's gone from being a forum run by an enthusiast to one run by people concerned with one thing--M.O.N.E.Y. That's why we're seeing such an influx of new members to look at all the ads and buy, buy, buy. Bob could have floated the idea of passing on the forum to see if another member could take it on, but he didn't. Now it's just part of a big forum farm and the long time members can look forward to a future of answering the same old questions for a never ending parade of newbies, and offering advice that's never taken.

Frank

I am late as usual but you are dead on Frank, and give me a break the old owner wasn't losing money!!!!!! :cry

Diaammmnnn Frank,
And here I thought you had been sniffing too much hardwood. Good observation.

But the fact remains that it is done whether we like it or not. Time for all of us to move on.

Back