• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My wife's old car. A '66 coupe restomod-eration

Engine and transmission all aligned shifter installed. Headers going in and taking measurements for the driveshaft.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Today I ordered the Lokar throttle cable and carb linkage. Gauges will be ordered tomorrow. Running into a bit of difficulty with the radiator fan and shroud. It's a pretty tight fit. I'm going to wait until everything is in place and then make a plan on how to deal with that.

Looks really good. Trying to get all artsy on us with the black-n-white photos.

I know it's a bit corny. I was digging it though. The close I get to the end of this project the less anxiety I am feeling about finishing. I now know it's actually going to happen. Towards the beginning it was a bit overwhelming and I wasn't sure if I would ever finish this thing. Now I'm going through it and nit picking everything to make sure it's all just right.

No not corny, I dig the pictures. I was just yanking your chain. I can only imagine all that you have gone through seeing it through to its final completion.

I often prefer black and white pictures to color- you can get interesting shadows and shading that color won't show. They are a heck of a lot easier to print too- not that anyone does much of that nowadays. It looks good, be proud!

aa94bbea8a187f2fa3159db5ad35c7d8.jpg

a1bc0760ed97afc96340c91013bfa7c6.jpg

LOL

image.jpeg image.jpeg Not much to report. Wiring is ongoing as well as running lines. Sorting out issues like door wire looms, locating modules and tubing routing.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Wiring is continuing. The Lokar throttle is in. This is a super sweet setup. I'm very happy with it. The Modern Driveline Hydralic clutch is installed. Also very nice. I'll be changing all of the peddle pads to match the Lokar throttle. Pulled out the Mustangs to Fear consoles and door panels to check for fit. This car is going to be sooo sweet. It amazes me how small and low this car is. Parked next to a Toyota Corrola it looks like a toy almost. With 450 hp this thing will fly.

Last edited:
View attachment 27730 View attachment 27729 View attachment 27728

Wiring is continuing. The Lokar throttle is in. This is a super sweet setup. I'm very happy with it. The Modern Driveline Hydralic clutch is installed. Also very nice. I'll be changing all of the peddle pads to match the Lokar throttle. Pulled out the Mustangs to Fear consoles and door panels to check for fit. This car is going to me sooo sweet. It amazes me how small and low this car is. Parked next to a Toyota Corrola it looks like a toy almost. With 450 hp this thing will fly.

really starting to take shape! Just a hint, make sure you use blue locktite on the set screw on the Lokar throttle assembly. It backed out a couple of times on us before we used the locktite. The pedal just falls to the floor!

Back