• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need '66 Dash trim

AzPete

The two strips of metal (with screws?) that go between the dash pad and the windshield seal for a '66 Coupe. The darn PO seemed to think those parts would make the car lighter for racing....

Are these pieces in reproduction? I know they weren't, but seem to remember seeing them pop up recently. I've got an extra set for a 67-68 car.

Not reproduced that I have found. Not saying I have checked every source but no one else I talked to thought they were reproduced either.

Pete,
I only have an extra driver side piece. It in a 67 parts car I have. I think they are the same as a 66 but you may want to check. You can have it for free, just pay the shipping. LMK

Found a set..$5 and I paint...plus some other info concerning them. I stopped at a local shop that builds Mustangs (Don's FYI Midlife) just looking for info as to the difference in the years. Found out the 67/68 style will not fit.

The big thing I found was there was a change in those trim pieces from '65-'66. The '65 screw spacing was wider from the center than the '66. Don had both types and I was surprised at the difference. The '65 part measures 12 1/2 inches from center hole to next screw hole. The '66 is about 1 1/2" less distance.

I have the '65 screw pattern. Don has seen this before and just figures that Ford had some left and ran them out on the '66. The '65 also had a clip in the center which is not used in the '66 application. So, now you know more than you wanted to about a non-reproduced part. My question was why did Ford make that major desision to change them.

My local Mustang yard has them for $25/set. Let me know if you want to go for it. Keep in mind freight.

"cmayna" said:
My local Mustang yard has them for $25/set. Let me know if you want to go for it. Keep in mind freight.

Would that be Jeffrey Dahmer's basement?

Yep, the ones I got from a local guy were from a '65 and they line up with the holes in the dash. The '66 sets were about 1.5" off. Odd why Ford changed the screw location part way through the year.

Back