• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need some help finding a part

I need to find a bracket I can use to mount the remote reservoir. If I had bought the $400 kit I would have gotten one, but since I purchased the MC and reservoir for about 1/3 of the price, I now have to find a way to mount it. The reservoir I have is identical to the one in the pic below. It has a bulkhead fitting on it, but there is really nowhere to mount it that way to the firewall. Any ideas? You can see the reservoir and bracket in the lower right of the picture. Any type of billet L bracket shoud work.

upper_2.jpg

You have to mount the MC cocked a little clockwise, so its not mounted straight up and down.

2_15_03_09_4_59_10_1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
"Fast68back" said:
You have to mount the MC cocked a little clockwise, so its not mounted straight up and down.

2_15_03_09_4_59_10_1.JPG

Says who?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda hard to tell in the picture, but straight up and down puts the mounting tab smack in the middle of the hole for the speedo cable.

Was this car originally an automatic or manual car?

Any pictures of how the clutch master looks from the inside of the car?

Originally a 3spd car. The clutch master mounts to the hole where the Z bar linkage exited the passenger compartment.

That's what I was getting at.... I wanted to verify that you'd mounted it in the correct firewall hole.

I'm not sure why the clutch master was designed such that the reservoir nipple would be off to the side at an angle though... why couldn't they have built it such that it would mount AND have the nipple straight up on top? Odd... maybe it was to help clear PB boosters?

You should be able to fab either an aluminum or steel "L" shaped bracket to remotely mount the reservoir.

I agree, but the CNC master, I doubt, was designed specifically for the Mustang. I could probably put a 45 degree fitting on top and aim it more vertically than it is now. But given the limited room available should I need to service the reservoir (add fluid), I think its better off mounted remotely. The Wilwood MC that came with the kit I bought had both remote resrvoirs adn a kit to mount it directly to the MC, but they are both plastic.

should I need to service the reservoir (add fluid), I think its better off mounted remotely.

Like me, I'm pretty sure you're going to find that no matter where you mount it (in that confined area), you're going to need to use a funnel when adding fluid. The key to remotely mounting is the ability to (somewhat) easily remove/install the reservoir cap.

As for a mounting bracket for the res. I would get a piece of aluminum angle and grind it to fit the contour of the reservoir and then have it tig welded. You can then bolt, rivet or screw to your apron or firewall.

Back