• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need to borrow tube straightening tool

1965GTFB

Anyone have a tube straightening tool that would be willing to loan me? I need to buy a long section of hard line for a fuel line and it comes in a coil and straightening by hand will make it a wavy mess. I'm in Nor Cal and willing to pick up or pay shipping to me and back. I would buy one but they are not cheap and this would likely be the only time I'd use it. It's not for the current Mustang project, it's for the leaking 16' section of 20 year old braided stainless line on the '34 Ford Coupe my Dad built 20+ years ago.
Ted
nelsons565@yahoo.com

Ted,
You know how to walk the coiled hard line out into a straight line? I've done that a few times and it works out pretty well. I'm sure there's a youtube somewhere out there. It's the same technique as when you received a real long hard line that was bent in half for shipping purpose.

Craig

Ted,
You know how to walk the coiled hard line out into a straight line? I've done that a few times and it works out pretty well. I'm sure there's a youtube somewhere out there. It's the same technique as when you received a real long hard line that was bent in half for shipping purpose.

Craig
This works well. I did it recently. I used a cut in the concrete in my garage to keep it going straight.

Back