• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New BFGoodrich tires

Raised white lettering?

• Total voters
I like the BIG white letters IF the car is looking for that racy look. Your looks more classic and should stay with BW or the stock white letters. Just my 2 cents.

I agree with you KBMWRS. Below is a new picture of my cars profile with the new tires. I really like the look of the classic letters, but the black sidewall also looks good. Can't make up my mind!
Stance.jpg

I don't have the software on my laptop but I'm sure you could do even a crude "photoshop" to get an idea how it would look. I know you said earlier in the thread you wanted kind of a Trans-am race car look. I don't see anything in your pic along that line, honestly. If you have the flared openings, etc. I think the white letters could be pulled off but not as it sits today. Just one guys opinion, though. I think it looks great as is. Good stance with a bit of rake.
Back in the Eighties I had a dark blue 65 coupe that sported the immortal Eagle STs with bold white letters. In retrospect, it was not a good look.

I'm kinda with Terry, that car looks great the way it is. I do like white letters though. I just think those wheels look better with blackwalls. Now if you had the classic styled steel wheels, they need the letters. IMHO

Another vote for black side walls. #blacksidewallsmatter

I too was a teen in the eighties and loved the raised white letters BFG TA's. But that time has passed.

Another vote for black side walls. #blacksidewallsmatter

I too was a teen in the eighties and loved the raised white letters BFG TA's. But that time has passed.
Well basically YOUR time has passed.:p:D:D:D:D

Gonna put a set of TAs on the Captain white letters out. However it is a black cherry dark color car.

Light color cars don't look good with white letters.

Mel

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I think that my car would look silly without the white letters. Too plain, maybe, or like she was missing something.

CgdnvO6.jpg

Once I did try out what I call "brown walls"... not a good look :p
7TZYdgx.jpg

Back