• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New engine and parts

It also worked fine without that return spring! Never put it back in...didn't need it.

Small victory, UPS guy just delivered the clutch and it FITS :yah Maybe I can get it all wrapped up this weekend.

"Horseplay" said:
Come on. I used my best redneck lingo just for you.

I was unable to detect the drawl from your typing.

Gee, I thought the sarcasm was dripping enough to be obvious...guess not.

ClutchandFW.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the rest of the dripping goo cleaned up, flywheel and clutch installed and then pressure tested the cooling system. Water pump was leaking thru 4 of the attaching bolts. Took it all apart, re-assembled with a little silicone (right stuff) and checked it again after a few hours. Still losing pressure thru the bolts. I don't have another gasket to use between the back plate and the water pump, so I'm stuck again till next week. Never had a water pump NOT seal by doing this.

These are all new parts and everything lines up, but I did check to see that the water pump and timing cover faces are true.

What are other's thoughts about using silicone to seal the back plate without a gasket? yes/no??

Back