• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New guy from Raleigh, BC

stangman69

Howdy -

I just came across this forum a bit ago and see what looks like familiar faces from another forum I'm in and out of.

I've got a '69 coupe that has been a decade long project as it has suffered from scope creep and budget expansion and then contraction.

Current iteration is Fox/Explorer based EFI, Tremec TK3550 5 speed, stock 8" rear until it blows up. Watts link. Full StreetOrTrack tubular front suspension w coil overs. 2003 Mach1 wheels. 94-04 Cobra brakes front and rear, MustangSteve front brackets. Flaming River steering box.

Tuning to be via Moates Quarterhorse.

Changing up my motor and rear spring arrangement. Rebuilt the 302 years ago and it's been oiled and wrapped up with zero time on it. Looking to switch it out for a late model roller, probably a 331. Swapping the stock height leaf springs with Delalum bushings for lowering springs with rubber bushings (b/c of the Watts link). Switching out the cable clutch kit for a hydraulic setup.

See what I mean about scope creep?

Anybody looking for stuff? Leaf springs w Delalum bushings, cable clutch kit, 306 short block, etc.

Nice to meet ya'll.

Nate

86e0d32f22ed7e8a74896beff6bea577.jpg9804128f07425e5233825f5cdabdf049.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the fix.

Nice project! 69/70 are the best years of course.

Start a build thread too. We live to watch progress.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the Fix, Nate!

Interesting choice of trans. I broke a couple of those in my 02 behind a blown 4.6 mod. Don't think Ive run across anyone sticking one behind a SBF.

Welcome to the fix.

Nice project! 69/70 are the best years of course.

Start a build thread too. We live to watch progress.

what he said (except maybe the 69/70 part..., well I'm okay with that). We do love pics and build threads!!!

I remember but I figured all you old guys forgot by now.

It's a typical derail of a thread though.

Thanks. Been a long morning and needed a good laugh, Pat!
Tell me about it.

I run a shoe store and it's back to school season! Nothing but spoiled, screaming all day, and the kids are even worse!

Last edited:
I'm still here. Only jump on the forums every day or so.

Anybody looking for parts? Just posted a handful of things up in the Raleigh Craigslist. 306 shortblock w cam, leaf springs w Delalum bushings installed, e brake parts, progressive rate coil springs, etc.

Nate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back