• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New ORP double roller spring perches

No slite intended. I've only made two sets of those. They don't work any better and they are very heavy. Given the amount of time it takes, they would cost a lot. I give away a lot of stuff but I can't give them away.

:gobp :gobp :gobp :gobp :gobp :gobp :gobp :gobp :gobp :gobp :gobp :gobp :gobp :gobp :gobp :gobp :gobp :gobp

The competition is getting spanked as we speek/type. We sponsor several pro race teams that don't want us to tell anyone. These double rollers are the real deal. Two racers went from middle of the pack to first place in one week after putting in a roller front end this past month. Both road racers and drag racers. I can't tell you who, but let's say that we have a lot of winner circle photos that are not going on our web site. We have sent several roller set-up's to Europe to teams that run on the F1 tracks and they are killing the competition over there too.

I'll be glad to work with anyone here, all it takes is time and money.

Dont forget having uncle sam as a customer.... Or is that on the DL as well?

orpiniraqt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope I don't sound like a dick here guy's. Racing is information, the more you have the more you win. We have a good rep. for being quiet and not being pushy.

Several of the cars we sponsor don't put our sticker on the car.

OK - Here's one. A Mav. First weekend out with ORP parts, he won. No sticker on the car.

mavwon1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
"Opentracker" said:
I hope I don't sound like a dick here guy's. Racing is information, the more you have the more you win. We have a good rep. for being quiet and not being pushy.

Several of the cars we sponsor don't put our sticker on the car.

I don't think you sound like a dick at all...you work hard for what you do, you have obviously built great and deserved reputation, and anyone competing at the top of their game has to keep some secrets to themselves!!!!

No need to explain yourself.

I'm impressed you sponsor cars without getting the advertising benefit of it. It's obvious to anyone paying attention that you're in this for the love of the game.

Steve

"Opentracker" said:
Your right Rick, that chopper has double roller's too!

That much I can share.

Man, those musta been a bear to weld up, what are they 10 times the size of the normal ones??

"silverblueBP" said:
Man, those musta been a bear to weld up, what are they 10 times the size of the normal ones??

My TIG welder weighs 800lbs. It can handle most anything I come up with :gobp

"AtlantaSteve" said:
I don't think you sound like a dick at all...you work hard for what you do, you have obviously built great and deserved reputation, and anyone competing at the top of their game has to keep some secrets to themselves!!!!

No need to explain yourself.

I'm impressed you sponsor cars without getting the advertising benefit of it. It's obvious to anyone paying attention that you're in this for the love of the game.

Steve

Thank you.

I didn't start ORP to make money. I have a good day job, it is/was just for fun and to make a couple of bucks for my race cars. It got way bigger than I thought it would, we don't need any addvertising. I've turned down some offers to be in mags.

We're taking the kids to the Beach and Boardwalk today, my seventh day off this year. I had 4 days off last year. TBH, it's not as much fun as it used to be.

Here's the most important thing I've learned in the 30 years of high end millwork, make a good product, sell it for a good price and have great customer service and you will never need to advertise.

John is a shining example of that philosophy (intended or not).

If and when you get too tired of all the extra work at least you can walk with you head held high, unlike the bernie madoffs of this world!

Thanks Mark,

I was a gearhead before this got started (still am) so it's the "Golden Rule (GO for you now :gobp .... :rofl ) " around here.

If someone wrote me a big enouph check, they could have all of our t-shirts and bumper stickers. A couple more years is all I have in me. I may save it for my kids, not sure.

I still want to know what the difference is between single and double roller spring perches...

The shock pad is mounted on a separate set of bearings (there are other ways) so it moves independently of the spring mounting points or $100.00, depending on which "difference" you are looking for.

"Midlife" said:
I still want to know what the difference is between single and double roller spring perches...

I have a set of John's std roller perches that have been on the car since the resto was finished (5 years). The shock mounts directly to the rigid perch and when you go to bolt the top you'll notice that the shock has tension on it that pushes it inward. To bolt up you need to pull it outward an inch or so, that is the bind. These new dbl rollers allow the shock to pivot to it's own stable position independent of the upper arm/perch combo. Any thing that gets rid of bind is a good thing in my book. The important part will be if I can tell a difference on track!

Here's a pic that John sent me of a dbl roller, you can see the angle difference of the perch and shock mount.

doubleroller6.jpg

Very cool.

And Mark, if you want to sell your other take-off roller perches, let me know. I would be interested.

"70_Fastback" said:
Very cool.

And Mark, if you want to sell your other take-off roller perches, let me know. I would be interested.

I'll see what condition they are in when I remove them, it's really up to John on this one...I already said I'd send them back for testing!

"silverblueBP" said:
I'll see what condition they are in when I remove them, it's really up to John on this one...I already said I'd send them back for testing!

Oh, well if that's the case Mark, don't worry about it - I didn't know that. I was just figuring I could use them in lieu of collecting dust in your shop.

"silverblueBP" said:
The shock mounts directly to the rigid perch and when you go to bolt the top you'll notice that the shock has tension on it that pushes it inward. To bolt up you need to pull it outward an inch or so, that is the bind. These new dbl rollers allow the shock to pivot to it's own stable position independent of the upper arm/perch combo.

so, the bind in racing conditions could break the shocks??

Back