• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New project

TweakLT19

I just recently inherited my father's 67 fastback after he passed away. Looking to restore it and such. Got it running after putting new gas in and cleaning the carberator out. Started right up after 7 years of not running. Now my problem is it not moving after getting put into gear. Was told it could be a linkage or tranny problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Automagic tranny? Have you checked the fluid level? Automagics don't like sitting for long periods of time, as their seals dry out. Fill it up with fluid, shift throughout the gears a number of times, check fluid levels again, repeat until you can't fill it any more, then try to move the car again.

My fairlane did the same thing after sitting for a decade. No fluid in the trans. Filled it back up and ran it though the gears, and it worked like a champ. That was until all the bad seals decided to give out and puke fluid all over the shop floor.

Back