• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Ranking format

Sluggo

I've changed over from ranking by post count to time online.

Here's the breakdown. This is subject to change while we tweak a few things. These ranks are by hours online.
This may not even stick so just bear with me for a while.

I think we need a more clever set of user levels too.

FNG 0
Experienced Noob 50
Full Member 100
Sr. Member 250
Arm Chair Expert 500
Need a Life 800

Heck...I just made it from FNG to Experience Noob with over 50 posts. Now I'm back FNG. Heavy Sigh...

Personally, I like ranking by posts. In theory a person could become an Arm chair expert by just doing lots of lurking and little contributing.

Just my $0.02
-rob

How about this:

Falcon (almost a Mustang) 0
6 cyl Mustang 50
289 Mustang 100
Stroked RestoMod 250
69/70 Mustang 500
67/68 Mustang 800

:vic

"Fast68back" said:
How about this:

Falcon (almost a Mustang) 0
6 cyl Mustang 50
289 Mustang 100
Stroked RestoMod 250
69/70 Mustang 500
67/68 Mustang 800

I like your thinking....but what about us 65-66 owners? How 'bout more than 1500?

Well, it started out a lot worse, i cleaned it up to avoid being hunted down and drug behind a mustang. Lets just say it involved coupes, grandes and 4x4 Mustangs (Jake), and Yellow (GO) Mustangs.........

"66gt350" said:
Heck...I just made it from FNG to Experience Noob with over 50 posts. Now I'm back FNG. Heavy Sigh...

Personally, I like ranking by posts. In theory a person could become an Arm chair expert by just doing lots of lurking and little contributing.

Just my $0.02
-rob
Very good point. I'll keep that in mind.

"66gt350" said:

Just my $0.02
-rob

I agree, you can log on than go have dinner,cut the lawn or even worst go visit another site but you will still be racking up hours.I think going by posts is fair

I'll throw on a post just to see where I stand now.

It looks like another 2 years and I'll be a full member.

Yeah.....not looking too good for that idea.

I am in the middle of reworking the gallery right now.

"Fast68back" said:
Well, it started out a lot worse, i cleaned it up to avoid being hunted down and drug behind a mustang. Lets just say it involved coupes, grandes and 4x4 Mustangs (Jake), and Yellow (GO) Mustangs.........

Chicken

"mcfly" said:
I agree, you can log on than go have dinner,cut the lawn or even worst go visit another site but you will still be racking up hours.I think going by posts is fair

Not 100% true.

<GEEK WARNING>

Our site uses "Sessions" to determine activity. When you log in, you are issued a Session ID. A unique number that uniquely identifies YOUR visit to this site at THAT TIME. After about 30 or so minutes, the session dies, unless you keep interacting with our server. So, If you sit on the site all day loading posts, reading things, posting things, etc, you will rack up the hours. Everytime you "interact" with the site (aka, load a new page) your 30 minutes starts over. However, if you start it up, get up and walk away, your session dies after 30 minutes, and you only rack up 30 minutes. We cannot tell when you close your browser. The browser is under no obligation to notify us that you have moved on to a new site, or that it has closed. The only "notification" we get that you have moved along is that you quit trying to talk to our server. Leaving the page open and walking away is (From a client/server perspective) exactly the same as closing the browser, or switching to google.com

It seems the only time I "rank" is when I haven't showered for a couple days, thus why I must be way up there. :craz

<GEEK WARNING>

Our site uses "Sessions" to determine activity. When you log in, you are issued a Session ID. A unique number that uniquely identifies YOUR visit to this site at THAT TIME. After about 30 or so minutes, the session dies, unless you keep interacting with our server. So, If you sit on the site all day loading posts, reading things, posting things, etc, you will rack up the hours. Everytime you "interact" with the site (aka, load a new page) your 30 minutes starts over. However, if you start it up, get up and walk away, your session dies after 30 minutes, and you only rack up 30 minutes. We cannot tell when you close your browser. The browser is under no obligation to notify us that you have moved on to a new site, or that it has closed. The only "notification" we get that you have moved along is that you quit trying to talk to our server. Leaving the page open and walking away is (From a client/server perspective) exactly the same as closing the browser, or switching to google.com

Cool! So I can use the old keep alive program I have left from my old ISP days and rack up the hours! Maybe I can sell it too.... :) :lol

Mel

LOL trying too hard! You can buy extra time in the shop :)

And there are tons of macro programs out there that will keep refreshing every few minutes, if that's what you want.

But yeah, check the shop. We let you buy posts and time! (not using real money of course!)

Full member to FNG - that really could kill a guy's productivity. Gotta spend more time browsing and less time posting :wm?

You're not the first to complain about problems with the shop. Since it's ancillary (and I actually do have a job that pays money) I haven't been able to devote much time to fixing it. Did you get the stupid "Hacker Attempt" message??

No time for either today!

Gotta work!

Besides I've read all the posts and with total recall, no need to read again! :lol

I am also an optimist!

You're not the first to complain about problems with the shop. Since it's ancillary (and I actually do have a job that pays money) I haven't been able to devote much time to fixing it. Did you get the stupid "Hacker Attempt" message??

I wasn't complaining. Just stating my experience. I think I got a message that told me it was not working and to try again. If it didn't work then, I should contact an admin. Since it wasn't important to me, I just didn't bother.

I don't really want to venture an opinion, but since you are asking......I think the ranking by post is better, but what the heck is in a rank anyway. All rank ever got me was more work and more responsibility. I still did the the same work as the people that ranked under me as well as my work. Had to make the folks that ranked above me happy after all. Anyway I agree with the thought process that someone who participates via posts should be ranked higher than one who merely lurks.

Maybe rank by seniority! :lol

Now it is off to the garage for some much needed cleaning!

Mel

Personally, I think post "rankings" are ridiculous. I mean, you actually have people whining about being a FNG or full member :wtf

I'd rather see something that is humorous, but then...I look at most things that way. I'm the "you spilled the half full glass on your crotch" type of person.

Back