• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New smoker

guruatbol

Always on vacation!
I got a new Masterbuilt electric smoker and we are smoking our first turkey this year.

I have cooked a turkey on a Weber grill before and it was awesome, for a turkey.

Amber and I have learned after 51 years that we really don't like turkey very much. the kids insisted that we do a turkey instead of our normal beef ribs. I will do the ribs later and a ham for Christmas. the ribs I got are slab cut so they will have lots of meat on them. they were aged 28 days and custom cut from the rib roast.

I will post pictures of our turkey later today!

Happy thanksgiving everyone!!!!!!!!

Mel

No turkey here either. Have a nice meatloaf going in the oven along with twice baked taters and an apple crisp.

We have a couple of fellow Canine Companions puppy raisers (and pups) coming up from Kansas City so it should be a good day of food and dog fur!

The new pup we have until his family can get him knocked the wood chip bowl over on top of the power cord and tripped the breaker.

It is just pup stuff.

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Here is a pic of the turkey...

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385682051624.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385682051624.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 59
No turkey here, but we'll have grilled fresh lobster and prawns next week when I'm in San Carlos. Can't wait to be lounging on the patio drinking an adult beverage, watching the world go by, and smelling a delicious dinner being grilled. Paradise......

Cooked a Turkey in my Mom's roaster over and it was great. Moist and tender.

Saturday I expect to cook a Turkey on the Primo Grill..... Ceramic stand style....

Well I thought I should give an update.

Walmart rep finally called me. We talked about the fact that they were so cut and dry about return this second one and we will refund you and you can buy it again. He told me he could have me buy it elsewhere and Walmart would reimburse me the amount of money it cost me or he could give me a partial refund if I kept the smoker.

Since I fixed it so the door seals and the only real issue with it is the dent in the side, i took the partial refund. It turned out to be $60. He told me he would refund the product protection plan as I requested and give me $25. when I got the confirmation email he added all the sales taxes and shipping charges too. So the total cost to me of this $200 smoker was right around $100.

Walmart actually came through as I knew they would, I just had to get in touch with the right person. My wife gets real irritated when her staff don't just take care of the customer at her store. Neither one of us has had any experience with the online part of the company.

Mel

Back