• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Stereo

tarafied1

My wife bought me a JVC receiver and some speakers for Valentine's day. I put them in this weekend. Not that I can listen to it yet, last Saturday night I took the family out to diner in the Stang and as I cruised thru the Olive Garden parking lot I set off several car alarms. On a positive note, my new mufflers are here so this coming Saturday I get my exhaust put on so maybe after that I can hear the tunes!
72_10_03_09_5_12_09_3.jpg

72_10_03_09_5_12_08_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
HEY, let me go check and see if that stereo is still in my car..........
35_27_10_08_9_26_59_0.jpg

whew...it is still there. lol

I have been pleased with it. Has plenty of power to be heard above the exhaust. Mine has a remote that also works good although I have never seen a reason for a remote. I have a normal antenna that is mounted under the dash, on the metal above the kick panel. All seems good even with that.

I have the remote too, I also have my antenna just laying in the car right now, I am planning to mount it under the dash or something. Any pics of how you did it?
I can hear it okay but my Flowmasters with turndowns under the backseat are ridiculously loud so with that and the stereo cranked it's kinda annoying. I don't have any sound deadener or anything to keep out road noise either. The car is just loud and obnoxious (but I like it anyway)

Nice, those speakers look like the fit the kick panels pretty well. I had a helluva time finding speakers that did not hang WAY over the edges. She did good! :nice

Disregard the wires as I am waiting to clean up that area when I get the A/C to go in. No heater at all in the car. That is the PO's job there so good or bad, I take no credit.......

35_10_03_09_6_54_59_1.jpg

35_10_03_09_6_54_58_0.jpg

"Fast68back" said:
Nice, those speakers look like the fit the kick panels pretty well. I had a helluva time finding speakers that did not hang WAY over the edges. She did good! :nice
I'm lucky, she is a pretty great wife. They did fit real good too.

AzPete,
Thanks for the pics, I should be able to find room to do that.

Back