• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Newbie in the North

r66pony

9298c - 11.jpg New to the site. Lots of good stuff in the forums.
Here's my 66. I've had it for four years now.

So share the story. Bought as seen or is it a creation of your own? We love the details. And more pics!

Everyone is north of me it seems. Just keep the dang snow up there as well!

Welcome to the crazy collective.

IMG_1187.jpg Thanks, for the warm welcome.
I've been working on it since the day after I got it home.
As I like to put it, I bought a car story and got the car. Let's just say it wasn't quite as advertised. But after driving nine hours in a freezing rain storm/blizzard I did not look it over as good as I should have and after that drive I wasn't about to go home with an empty trailer.
I had to replace the front suspension and brakes all around to be able to license it. Since then I have converted the front to disc, rewired the dash, added a Painless Performance Fuse Block, new rear springs, and some interior touch ups. In the fall I finished building a347 stroker, and got it in with enough fall left to get about 600 miles in before tucking it away.
I still have a list on my to do list, and then there is my wish list.

Attachments

• IMG_1286.jpg
    IMG_1286.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 11
It is looking good. I bet it is a blast to drive with that 347.

Maybe you can give that guy "horseplay" some tips so he will get his car done for the power tour this year.

It's a blast. I'm going to have to upgrade tires and rims though. I've got abut of a heavy foot and the BFG's can't come close to holding the rear end planted.
If anyone's looking to do a stoker I'd love to hear about their builds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back