• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Next Project

The engine and transmission are about to go in. 1990 302 block and a small block C6. In the background you can see the original suspension is back on.
Truck020.JPG

Yes, but I just want the truck running as quick as possible. The shop I had it at did not appear to have the skills to to the CV swap.

Had to remove the grill and radiator support for better access to install the engine and transmission.

They also built a custom engine and transmission mount.
Truck021.jpg

The engine and transmission are in. Time to get that drive shaft built now. Hope everything hooks up quickly.
Truck022.JPG

I have never seen an phone equipped engine, does that help with mileage?

Looking good....looks like the frame was marked up with anticipation of the change.

The Transmission cooler and the electric fan are installed. Working of the Ididit tilt column install now.

Electric Fan.JPG Transmission Cooler.JPG

Not trying to be critical here, but did the shop do the install work on the radiator, fan and cooler?

I think the radiator mounts (or maybe that is the fan mounts I am looking at) could be cleaned up quite a bit and those bolt heads rubbing against the fins and tubes is just asking for trouble. Also, it is better if the fan is shrouded to pull from the entire radiator, having if pull from just part is far from preferred. I have even seen people use sheet metal to block off the area not covered by the fan.

The fan was installed by the previous owner and just re-hooked up. There was not a transmission cooler before and the shop installed this one.

ok...was just trying to offer some advice! Based on your other cars I would have been surprised to see that work done by you. No doubt it will be much improved by the time you finish it.

John, have you made plans to sell the straight axle after the conversion? and if not do you think it would be too wide for the front of a 65 Mustang?

The mustangs frame width is about 34 1/4. So if I'm following the vibe he's throwing then it will work.

Back