• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

NFL week 17 BBQ plans

O

opentrackerSteve

Hi all,

I am planning on watching the final week of the regular season and cook up some good eats today. The plan is to cook a 'sittin chicken' using a ceramic beer can style cooking accessory, and season it with rosemary, Thyme and salt, and mix in honey and bbq sauce in with the beer. Veggies include sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts. Pics in prep and cook to come.

I jumped the gun last night by serving grilled artichokes and dungeness crab melts. Belch!

GO NINERS !!!

6uhytura.jpg

2azyby2a.jpg

Tapayakin' from my iphone

I'm doing this for New Years Eve for the station. If it is good, then I will bring it home and share the pic. Go hawks!!!!
CUBAN LECHON ASADO (CUBAN ROAST PORK)

We did a turkey that was gobbling yesterday. Since it was not a commercial bird, it had a richer flavor and a different texture. We smoked it for 4.5 hours with apple wood.

Burp!

My team (San Diego) made it to the playoffs!!!!!!! I cooked this and it's gone (my niece came over to help).....

Rubbed a Meyer lemon peppercorn rub on the bird. Put beer, white bbq sauce and some honey in the ceramic sitting device.... Place apple wood chunks in with the charcoal.

Since I've had this grill for about a year (Primo XL), I need to do some maintenance on it. Oil the teak table, clean out the charcoal pit, fix the top vent (cast iron piece is stripped out), etc... some TLC will make this baby look like new and last my lifetime!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
Back