• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

No more 2010 Shelbys....

First MJ dies, now this.......it's time commit suicide.

*typed with so much sarcasm that my keyboard broke*

WHAT....MJ died...I would have never known....lol. I do agree with you as I was not planning on any new purchases right now.

I tried to hook up with the local Shelby owners to cruise, hang out, etc... no dice, buncha friggin babies.

We have a couple in our Mustang Club here. Most of the cruises they manage to break away and do their hot rodding. Some in the club are complaining that it makes it hard on the rest of the members to go as a group. I say let them go and the rest just continue on the trip.

"silverblueBP" said:
Thong bikini :pbj :pep

26_09_07_09_10_13_43.jpg

I was thinking more on the line of what's posted in the dark side :yikes

"70 StangMan" said:
Yea, that'll save me a couple of dollars. :crazy

To save even more $$$$
I think Craig has hi Mankini up for sale. :yikes

"silverblueBP" said:
First MJ dies, now this.......it's time commit suicide.

*typed with so much sarcasm that my keyboard broke*

I adn't heard that Michael Jordan died. When did this happen???? :conf :boo

"KBMWRS" said:
I adn't heard that Michael Jordan died. When did this happen???? :conf :boo

Actually, it was several years ago, they just decided to bury him recently.

Update on the Shelby if interested......still have not ordered one and don't plan on it.

This thing is turning in to a public relations nightmare for Ford. Here is the time line of events:

* Wednesday I received a call from Treadwell Ford telling me they would be unable to fill my order because Ford has cut production on the GT500 and that they would only be getting one car for the entire year. I was told my car was #2 ordered. I called Cook Whitehead Ford and talked to Jimmy Darnell and he had also been told that his allocation had been reduced to one car for the entire year and would not receive any more.

* Wednesday A Dealer put the document I have attached up on Team Shelby showing the communication from Ford Zone Management stating that production had been cut and that Dealers would receive only one car.

* Wednesday afternoon several on line car news sites including AutoBlog ran the story of the production cuts on the GT500.

* Late Wednesday a Ford representative saw the thread on Team Shelby and also the news release from AutoBlog and shortly afterwards Ford issued an official response that production was not being cut on the 2010 model and that production would equal previous years in total.

* AutoBlog ran a retraction on their web site and posted the Official News from Ford.

Yesterday after all of the updated news from Ford I contacted Both Jimmy Darnell and Stanley Arnold at both Dealerships and they said there had been no change in their allocations and could still not order any GT500s. I have called numerous Dealerships and get the same story, no more allocations and they cannot order any more GT500s. The Dealer in Macon Ga, Riverside Ford has placed a ADM of $10,000 on the car he has.

This morning I sent an email to Auto Blog telling them that the Dealers do not have any allocations, are canceling customers orders and cannot order anymore GT500s. I explained that the story Ford released is not consistent with what information the Dealers have.

Also this morning I sent an email to Alan Mulally CEO of Ford Motor Company and told him of the entire episode and shared with him that I have spent $105,000 on Ford vehicles in the past three years (all cash) and had intended to spend the additional $48,000 on my new 2010 GT500. I told him I currently own a 2006 F-150 and a 2007 Lincoln MKX but that if Ford did not honor my order that was entered on 5/29 that I would never purchase another Ford vehicle in my lifetime.

I will let you know if I hear from Alan Mulally.

Thanks for the phone call last night xxxxxxx, I am pretty bummed out over all of this.,

Best regards

xxxxxx

Back