• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

No more cash for clunkers already?

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Only 6 days old and the government is running out of funds already? :wtf Guess I don't get to trade Shag in for a new PT Cruiser afterall.

I'll give you $4500 for either that old Pontiac or Chebby Truck you have.

A gov't program that works, no matter how assinine, and it can't even make it a week. Nice job. It was nothing more than more bailout money to the auto industry so I'm glad it tanked. Hope they don't get the $2,000,000,000 more they are requesting. If they were serious about it they wouldn't have limited it to 1984 or newer vehicles. Dumbasses.

If they allocated 2 billion, wtf does it matter whether it takes 4 days, a week or 6 months to go through it? It accomplishes what they wanted, help the UAW.

Wouldn't giving tax payers up to $4,500 per vehicle be considered a "tax cut"? and if it works so well, why not give EVERYONE a tax cut, Hmmmmmm??

More gov assbaggery.

"silverblueBP" said:
If they allocated 2 billion, wtf does it matter whether it takes 4 days, a week or 6 months to go through it? It accomplishes what they wanted, help the UAW.

Don't you know Mark? It was supposed to make it until 2010 mid-terms.

"blue65coupe" said:
Don't you know Mark? It was supposed to make it until 2010 mid-terms.

Uh huh........

and if the recession is over (without the stimulus money being spent yet), why not cancel all that bullshit??

"blue65coupe" said:
Think Major Garrett will get a chance to ask that question?

Yep, right after Obama produces his birth certificate.

Who would have saw this coming?? (yes, that's sarcasm)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090731/ap_on_go_co/us_cash_for_clunkers_39

Here's the money quote

"The House rushed Friday to pump $2 billion into a popular cash-for-clunkers program running near empty, with a leading Democrat saying "consumers have spoken with their wallets" "

No shit sherlock, give us our tax money back and we'll fix the economy by spending it on stuff WE need / want.

Morons, can't see the forest through their shitpiles.

Time to lock and move I'd say.

A gov't program that ran out of money too soon and didn't work as expected? Who'd a thunk it?
I still think this program is a joke, just like everything else out of DC.

"Jamie aka Bondo_68" said:
A gov't program that ran out of money too soon and didn't work as expected? Who'd a thunk it?
I still think this program is a joke, just like everything else out of DC.

I think whether you like the program or not it proves my point. If you want to stimulate the economy, put the money you are throwing out in the hands of the people. They will spend it.

"Sluggo" said:
I think whether you like the program or not it proves my point. If you want to stimulate the economy, put the money you are throwing out in the hands of the people. They will spend it.

My point exactry

knobble idea, but it will never happen. All government is compelled by the idea of big dollars, and how they can spend it. They have no concern if it’s a good idea or not. I believe the money should be spent on the infrastructure of this country. Roads, bridges, buildings, parks, there are plenty around the states that can use some work. If they just put the construction workers back to work, that money would trickle through the economy in a hurry. To hell with the dealerships and the banks. Just my two cents.

"Jamie aka Bondo_68" said:
But it was OUR money to begin with. So how about lower the taxes and let the people have the money they earned?

:rofl :rofl That's priceless, where do you come up with that crazy talk :crazy

Back