• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

NorCal 1st StangFix BBQ at SAAC35

Bite Me

Come Help us Welcome Shaun (Mr. Street & Track) Back to where it all began

When August 28Th ( Saturday) to be held in conjunction with SAAC35 Open Track Event

Where Infineon Raceway in the Beautiful Sonoma Valley

Link to SAAC with there info http://www.saac.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=122&Itemid=128

What we are going to have is a Meet & Greet, and BBQ. We have pulled out all the stops for this as we have enlisted
our Very own Chef Cmayna to prepare our Meal . If everyone could volunteer to bring a side dish to finish out our
feast we will supply Soda's, Water, and Beer if you require something different BYOB.

No Beer or Alcohol will be allowed until after track events are concluded

Will be very informal gathering as many of you will be participating in either the Open Track or Drag Event or the show or just strolling the Paddock. Promises to be a great time for all.

SAAC collects a $20.00 per person entrance fee. It will be well worth it just to see the Vendors, track events and collectors cars you just wont see anywhere else.

Rumor has it Shag will be debuted at this event :WP

Some of you may want to consider making a weekend of it as there's so much going on at SAAC and the opportunity to do some wine tasting or shopping in the area for those not wanting to spend all their time at the event.

If you can make it we would love to get an approx. head count so our Chef can start planning, also if you need further info on anything in the area feel free to PM Mark (Bite Me) as this is my backyard.

This sounds absolutely fantastic, but I'll be on an airplane while you guys are out there having a BBQ. :cry

Sounds great, and I'd like to join the fun.

Question.... What time are y'all plnning to setup the BBQ? Since I'm planning to drive in the open track event, I'm just wondering how the kicking back with a cold beer schedules in with track driving? It sure can't go together!

Mark,

This sounds awesome! We can all camp out at my spot if you like, I'll have space I'm sure just bring a chair. I'm pretty sure the track won't allow any booze until after the last session of the day has finished. We may want to shoot for a lunchtime BBQ without booze as typically they give the corner workers a break anyways and none of us will be out on track. I'm all up for heading out after Saturday for another meal WITH booze though!

Chef Cmayna? :wtf

Hey, I can burn a perfect porter house just as well as anyone else.

This might be a good test drive experience for Shag (no track work, just driving there). I better get my butt in gear.

I would like to hear ideas on what you all might want to eat as far as a meat is concerned.

"cmayna" said:
Chef Cmayna? :wtf

Would you prefer StangFix own Betty Crocker :nk

I was hoping for say

Cedar Planked Salmon
BBQ Shrimp
Ahai Tuna

Grilled Onions, Perhaps a Rice Melody, Grilled Veggies, and Bananah's Foster

or we could just have

Ball Park Franks

Well, this sounds like fun. I will do my best to attend. I was asked by the club to be a vendor at the meet but that can't happen with our schedule. A little BBQ and bench racing will be more fun anyway. Hope to see you all there. I will have some ORP swag for the Fixer's.

Group photo :10

I vote for something easy to cook like burgers and sausage. We can take turns burning stuff on the grill :barf

"Opentracker" said:
Group photo :10

You mean like this:

IMG_0448.JPG

Taken back in August 2003! LOL! I have WAY less hair now so will probably bring the same hat. Lance is still bald and Mike still has a goofy smile.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0448.JPG

Holy crap, I can't believe how young we all look in that picture! I don't recall Gullery having that much hair, and SacBill looks like a kid! And is that a pack of cigarettes in my shirt pocket?

Tracey and I are planning to be there. We will probably just cruise up in the Honda, as I don't plan on racing the car. Now if Pete's auto transport truck company doesn't doesn't show up soon, I'll bring his new '66 coupe and we can all take a high speed run around Sears Point with it. Don't worry, I'm sure Pete will have it fully track insured by then

I may spend the night and do some wine tasting on Sunday. If so, anyone interested in sharing a limo? This is what Tracey and I did the weekend that picture was taken. We didn't know the other couples in the limo, there were about 4 or 5 couples, which made the price very reasonable. It would be fun to do it with people we knew. We had a blast that weekend, back in '03. I just can't believe it's been that long. So anyone interested in sharing a limo for some wine tasting on Sunday with us?

OK, can anyone name everyone in the picture? I know most of them, but there are few I'm not sure on, and some I have no clue on. If you're in the picture ... identify yourself. I'm the one with the shades and black hat in the classic VMF shirt in the first row.

"Shaun" said:
You mean like this:

IMG_0448.JPG

Taken back in August 2003! LOL! I have WAY less hair now so will probably bring the same hat. Lance is still bald and Mike still has a goofy smile.

Wasn't that the 2nd year we there? I thought the original was in 01 or 2 but I've been wrong before :scar

I'm in the front holding the blck hat (yeah with more hair) and that's Kent Kettell over my left shoulder. Chcuk Wittens is first from the left (adult). Shawn is in the red pants to the left of John and Shawn's wife (sorry to forget her name) next to him.

Back