• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

NOT Again!

janschutz

Corn Hauler
Coming into work today. I had a lady make a u-turn right in front of me. I hit her broadside on the back passenger door. She is claiming I ran a red light (it was green for me)

SmallWreck01.jpg

Does not look too bad but it is a real mess. More later when I feel up to it.

Damn, that sucks. Does the front fender have teeth marks where you slammed her face?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh no!!!! that sucks! but that is a risk when you drive 'em. Hope it works out where they fix it for you

Having a body shop on retainer does not mean you have to make use of it.

Realy, that sucks. How did you come out for who is at fault?

Condolences from the deer hunter. Was she doing a U'ey while you were turning right off of a cross street or what?

She was southbound and I was northbound. We both had a green light so her turn was not protected making her at fault.

Now the kicker is that her and a witness say I was going east bound an the cross street and ran a red light. I do not get that.

Also the body guy says he think they will total the car since there is over 12k in damage. He also thinks the body is tweaked.

Last edited:
Was a cop called to the scene? Ticket(s) issued? You could be in serious trouble if not documented by one and she has a witness to corroborate her story. It's not just her word against yours...she has support.

Two cops were there and the report reflect both views. My only ace is that I have security footage of me leaving my office parking lot just 8 min before the accident and I would have to go north on that road to get there.

No tickets issued.

Given the situation as you describe it sounds like another case whereby the two insurance companies will negotiate an agreement. Strange that no tickets were issued giving the conflicting stories. Her version would have you running a light which is clearly ticket worthy. Would seem the cops didn't believe her.

I hate this crap. Never works out to be just.

Two cops were there and the report reflect both views. My only ace is that I have security footage of me leaving my office parking lot just 8 min before the accident and I would have to go north on that road to get there.

No tickets issued.
Are there any other cameras along the way that would corroborate your story?

Back