• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Official 2009 Gift Exchange "what did you get?" post

"daveSanborn" said:
My WE gift arrived from AtlantaSteve a few days before Christmas. There were instructions on the box to open immediately as the gift was wrapped inside the shipping package. Upon opening the package I found that my gift was "man wrapped". The contents were placed inside a typical shirt box, the box was crudely folded in half and then taped folded over with approx. 8 feet of 2" black duct tape. It was the crudest packaging job I've ever seen. Talking with Steve about this I learned that it is a running joke between him and his brother to "man wrap" each others gifts. I'd say that Steve's gotten pretty good at it over the years as my gift was wrapped with absolutely zero effiminity.

The WE gift sat under the tree (way in the back as it looked pretty hideous) until this morning. My WE gift was the first present I opened this morning and I'm:

1. Still laughing my arse off everytime I think about it.

and

2. In complete awe of Steve's humor. I have a completely newfound respect for this guys ability to pull off something hilariously funny.

First, the card. The first picture below is from the inside if the card. The second picture is the outside (front) of the card.

002-35.jpg

003-31.jpg

I'm not going to describe the actual WE gift, but let's just say that it will only get used if I ever go running.... really fast..... and want something to slow me down..... to increase my endurance/run time.

I'm still LMAO and in awe of Steve.

Bravo Steve, bravo!

Dave thats too funny to leave us hanging.... I could only imagine it had something to do with great stuff. :lol :lol :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Uncle VinnY sent me a cool USA hat, already set for deployment at the annual 4th of July BBQ. Next, a set of Pez dispensers (characters from the movie CARS). The 21 mo old boy has taken these over, he just thinks it's hilarious when the stick their 'tongue' out. Soon, I expect he will hasn't grasp the candy part - and try to eat them all. Thanks TeeBone!

Well I feel pretty bad for my WE recipent now. After seeing all the neet stuff. I really sent him some crappy stuff. This was my first WE gift exchange and from all the hype I was expecting "steamers" and boiled peanuts. So I thought, "man inflatable toast is a hot item!" Sorry Patrick! I'll make it up to you some how!

"tarafied1" said:
Well I feel pretty bad for my WE recipent now. After seeing all the neet stuff. I really sent him some crappy stuff. This was my first WE gift exchange and from all the hype I was expecting "steamers" and boiled peanuts. So I thought, "man inflatable toast is a hot item!" Sorry Patrick! I'll make it up to you some how!

Hey Craig. No complaints here. One of my employees has a scion XB which he calls the toaster, so that inflatable toast is getting passed on to him. And the spider thing is a little creepy but fun to show to people. I think it's going on my desk at work. This stuff is what We exchanges are all about. :craz

Actually Craig, I think you hit the WE nail on the head! It's supposed to be weird, funny, out of the ordinary stuff.

Pete did a bang up job as well :ecit

Yeah Craig, you got it right. That is what the WE is all about. The only reason I don't send a box full of old nuts, bolts, and screws is because other people have rec'd them as WEs.

Well, got a chance to get to the puter and post my cache!!!! "Big J" aka 70_Fastback sent me a nicely designed box of goodies. I got a nice FORD bag. One of those ones that cinches at the top and I think it can be used as a back pack. I got a FORD carbiner key clip, a tube of new styley KY jelly disguised as some kind of valve lubricant. Yeah, whatever! Got a window stop for the vert and the vintage starting directions found on the visor of your brand new vintage mustang! :) Got a book called Weird New Jersey. A very cool book Jeremy. I've been reading it since I opened it. Got a 2005 show winner plaque from a show in New Jersey, some nice looking car polish and a Hurst 50th anniversary NASCAR shifter knob! All great gifts except for the steamer you sent me as well. Oh, wait, that wasn't a steamer, it was BOILED PEANUTS! Well, six of one, half a dozen of the other, they're both the same. Jake took care of the peanuts. I forwarded them to him in the spirit of sharing during the Christmas season! :lol

Thanks Big J for all the great stuff. :bike I will put it all to good use. Except for the KY jelly. Be on the lookout Craig! :mid

24622180426_large.jpg

24622180427_large.jpg

24622180428_large.jpg

24622180429_large.jpg

:pbj :pbj :pbj :pbj :pbj :pbj :pbj :pbj :pbj

"tarafied1" said:

<snort> Pete helped me clean out the garage - I've moved that wheel cover and clock movement 5 times (they had 5 different movers' tags on them).

Now that I think about it, I should have just sent it in unassembled kit form, dust, moving tags and all. Sorry Pete! :lol

I have been away from computers since the 24th and have only been able to read/post from my iPhone. Since I hate typing on it, I haven't had a chance to post til now, but I want to extend a hearty thank you to fellow 66er, jims6t6 for my gift. I got an awesome book, "The Ultimate Guide to Muscle Cars" and a 65/66 dashpot that the guys at swap meets would easily call "Like New" LOL.

I'm very excited to read through the book. I've flipped a few pages and there was lots of neat pictures and information to absorb!

Thanks again, Jim!

Also, Dave, I'm glad the joke hit home. My only request is if you ever DO use the present, please provide photos or even better, video :)

It's not KY Ron. It's actually a really good lubricant & sealent. I just had 4 boxes of it in the garage and figured I could part with one.

Glad you liked everything. You almost didn't get that shifter knob. And if I can ever find that other window bumper, I'll send it your way also.

And I got the goods from Rod (Flysure1).

The written explanation list was a good addition Rod.

dsc04282.jpg

The rusty hunk taped to the list is a part of Midlife (the car, not the person... well atleast I think...) either way I'm totally screwed now.

dsc04281.jpg

And Rod, no offense, but I think the shirt is more than "slightly" worn... unless the pit stains came with it to begin with. :scar

But I got the CF5 "sleeveless" shirt. A pretty cool hat - though I don't wear hats. A ratcheting wrench set, a work clamp, some climbing hyacinth seeds (which will be planted this spring) and a Mustang avon bottle with some "manly" cologne and the "Strodes" garage sticker.

dsc04283.jpg

My grandpa actually collects those old Avon cars, so I think I will pass it along to him.

Thanks Rod!

Hey, I think the shirt was washed, lol, I hope your grandpa likes the bottle, did you try the 20 year old cologne? I hope you got a few chuckles out of the "white elephants" I sent.

Well, I've been on the road since Christmas visiting family and finally got the pictures downloaded last night. I opened my WE with the help of my son Wyatt (at the request of the sender). Duane (blue65coupe) outdid himself.

Here's what we saw when the box was opened.
[smg id=3571]

There was a White Trash etiquette book, tons of golf balls, and some greasy piston heads. :wtf

After digging through the DOZENS of range balls, here was the haul.
[smg id=3572]

1. 4 greasy piston heads. Again :wtf
2. Too many range balls to count
3. White trash etiquette book
4. Smokey and the Bandit DVD :coo
5. 2 hotwheels
6. 2 Wrestling figures
7. Armorall wipes
8. A radar detector (Fuzz Buster)
9. A GREAT flashlight that shocks the piss out of you when you try to turn it on :bird
10. An all in one calculator, tape measure, level and flashlight
11. And finally, 6 fossilized donuts. Story is they were only hours fresh when the box was sent but because I waited until Christmas and put the box on a heat vent, you can now build earthquake proof buildings or replace dolly wheels with them.

Thanks Duane! This box made for great laughs. I hope to repay the favor one day....

I hope Wyatt had fun. The shocking flashlight actually works as a light to fool your "friends". Turn the end of it, like a mini maglight, and the light will come on. That way you can play with it, sit it down, and let someone else pick it up. I tell ya, I'm gonna miss that thing. It's made for some great laughs.

Where did you get the light at Duane? There are a couple of DB's here at work that like to fiddle with crap on peoples desk...

I... want... one...

Well, now that I'm home from my Christmas trip I can finally post what I got.

The gift came from Mark (aka: silverblueBP). Since the gift was in flat envelop packing, I didn't know what to expect.

It's a static VMF window decal that includes a document of authenticity. Apparently, this very decal was once on John Dinkel's car at Sears Point as well as on Mark's car at Heartland Park.

I now have a piece of vintage muscle car track history!

Thanks, Mark.

MGalleryItem.php

Mark sent it to you because the PT cruiser blew it off when it passed him and it wont stick to his windshield any more.....

Back