• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

"Old Yella" 68 Fastback

phil k

My customer bought this with the intentions of building the car himself. Unfortunately the extent of the work required was beyond his capabilities so I stepped in to help out. Previous repairs were beyond belief and really did have to be seen to be believed. Plenty of cutting and welding was done including a new front end, frame rails, floors etc etc, the usual stuff and finally prep and paint. WH sprayed the Highland Green over Silver to give the car slightly more pop in the sunlight and it really worked.

Phil

DSCN1494_zpsc1aaa3c4.jpg

DSCN1514_zpsd8e1df15.jpg

DSCN1517_zps522853ba.jpg

DSCN1528_zpsbfdfef84.jpg

DSCN1515_zps7e457d52.jpg

DSCN1532_zps321f9908.jpg

DSCN1529_zps96b13f20.jpg

DSCN1533_zps33e5b80e.jpg

DSCN1536_zps8968b903.jpg

DSCN1519_zpsc8548648.jpg

3F1979FC-05BF-4D03-8709-7E17FD9BCCBA-472-0000001B2F705C80_zpsa6bc2e85.jpg

ahhh, another one saved! Nice work, love the pics. Looks like many Mustangs I have owned! Some real creative fixes by previous owners!

Phil,
Very nice work. Thanks for saving it. What's the plan for it's power plant?

The customer is building a 302, nothing to fancy backed up by a manual transmission.

Phil

You don't have to answer if you don't want to but I need to ask...

How much would a customer bill amount to having this level and amount of work done by your shop? Given the time and skill required (and displayed) by your crew I have to imagine it is not a small number of hours involved.

You don't have to answer if you don't want to but I need to ask...

How much would a customer bill amount to having this level and amount of work done by your shop? Given the time and skill required (and displayed) by your crew I have to imagine it is not a small number of hours involved.

Not enough lol. I always without fail end up working hours for free on the cars and pretty much every customer becomes a friend.

Phil

It's done. My journey with this car is now complete, it's over to the owner now to finish the car.

Phil

Thanks guys. A lot of work went into this car to get it looking like it does now, here's a pic from the rear showing the customer requested satin black rear light panel. The deck lid isn't on it's latch it's just tied down, that's why it's not sitting quite right.

Phil

Back