• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

OMG! The Sky Is Falling!

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
On the way home from work, I noticed that the gas prices had risen from $3.659 to $3.759 during the day. Every damn gas station was jammed with cars, blocking the roads! WTF? Our gas comes from barges from the New Orleans area, and not from Texas, where the refineries have been shut-down for Ike. Nevertheless, I can see some rise of prices, but this is gouging, folks! And everyone is buying into it, topping off their vehicles. If the distribution of gas is shut-off due to the storm, and if it takes a few days to weeks to get it back online, what is a couple of day's stockpile in your tank gonna buy you? Or, are people anticipating even higher gas prices? Right now, I can see the run on gas will deplete our local inventory, and no gas station will have any gas even quicker than normal.

Damn lemmings.

I got 14 gallons of premium in Midlife, and another 8 gallons stockpiled for the generator. Gee, it would be a crying shame to run out of gas and not be able to go to work... ~thu

Midlife,

Same crap going on up here... but worse! $3.56 last night/$4.69 this AM. Whatever, I 've got enough gas to last a month or two.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3536058/

Same mess here. They mention in the story above about one place here selling gas for $3.51/gal (normal price) and just down the street it was $4.79. :doh My sister-in-law called me to see if the police do anything about gouging (I think she was joking). I told her to call and the officer would at least come out and bitch about it with her since we pay the same thing. Great thing is, I have to drive to Atlanta on Sunday. Can you say :cen me?

My daughter just went past the local Wal Mart station. Multiply lines going from the station on the street edge to the garden shop a block away. She says it is at 4+ a gal now. All stations she passed were like that. There was none of this at 1pm when I was across town today.

Wonder what part of gouging this falls under. Nation wide stupidity.............

Wonder what part of gouging this falls under. Nation wide stupidity.............

In some spare time today I researched the NC law on "price gouging". It seems that in order for price gouging to be in effect, the governor must have declared either a state of emergency, a state of disaster, or the general assembly must have first passed a resolution proclaiming.... (I forget now what they called it, but it was something similar to "emergancy/disaster"). I guess if people are dumb enough to sit in line to pay for $4.50 a gallon gasoline, why is it our governments responsibility to intervene? You can't cure "stupid"... especially by involving politicians.

The governor did impose the anti-gouging thing today. Of course...you can't fix stupid. I won't go to a station that jacked their price up but bottom line, the people caused this mess.

Agree, the idiots caused the mess. The news media does not help by hyping up the possibility of problems that may never exist. Heard one tonight say that the refinery's will be down for several weeks.....

It is really a comedy act just listening to some of these "reporters". They have gone beyond the sky falling......

Update says 19% of the nations refineries are shut down. We may never have gas again. lol

Re: OMG! The Sky Is Falling!

When I left a week ago gas was $3.66 a gal. I got home last night to find it at a cool $4.79.

I love it.

Back