• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

One more VMF'er

Lightning

Hi guy's, long time member of VMF here, until recently I hadnt heard of stangfix. Im on my 3rd 65 mustang coupe since 1984. Ive owned this one for 17 years, all original date coded sheet metal and hasnt seen a drop of rain since 1983. Powered by a '94 5.0L roller engine with a T-5 and 9" rear and Street or Track coil over front end.Mustang1.JPG

Welcome! How do you like the SoT front end? I have it installed on my fastback but the poor car's a ways from being on the road.

Love the SoT front end, one of the best mods Ive made to the car. The 5.0 is currently carbureted, my car is set up for EFI and I ran the EECIV with an explorer intake for a while and could never get the part throttle driveability to my satisfaction so I pulled it and the parts sit on a shelf in my shop. I like the look of a regular air cleaner over the ford EFI anyway.

Mustang engine.jpg

I agree about the look! I was just wondering because I have a running HO 5.0 doner car. I was wondering how difficult it is to convert to EFI

Once youve got a harness and fuel supply sorted its rather easy. Keep in mind deviations from a stock motor may require dyno time and a chip burned. I think my issue was long tubes with the o2 sensor location changed, I had a part throttle surge that was going to require a tune to straighten out. With todays options I think a person would be money ahead to go with something like FiTech

Back