• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

one wire powermaster alt want to fit in 69 mach 1

GT350

one wire powermaster alt want to fit in 69 mach 1.
Can anyone tell me how to fit one into a stock mach 1 what wiring upgrades do i need to do etc etc,and what about the wiring that goes into the factory reg unit what happens to that.javed

What do you mean it won't "fit"...? As in it won't bolt up to the factory brackets, is it hitting on the head behind, give some more details please.

And from what I (now) understand, the VR will simply go away, as well as the wiring between the VR and the Alt.

Do you have a gauge or light in the dash? Tach?

sorry i meant to say i want to fit one on my car its the wiring answers that i need.My 69 has a non tach dash just bought a refurbed harness from midlife .javed

I think you just disconnect the voltage regulator and remove it. Either cut that VR plug from the harness and tape up each wire securly and loom them back up - or you could just leave the plug hanging I suppose...

Then I believe you just run the large wire from the Alt to the battery and then ground the Alt.

Pretty simple.... I think :conf

Back