• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Onions on BBQ

Bite Me

This is very simple way to do onion's on BBQ

Start with fairly large sized onion ( I Perfer Videla sweet onion's but you can use your own choice
Take out skin and a couple layers off outside of onion. than make about 3/4 diameter whole in top and core center of onion without going through the bottom

Put about 1/2 tablespoon butter (Sweet) Not salted in bottom of whole, than put in some chicken bullion powder on top of butter, than add about another tablespoon of butter than some more bullion. When you have center full of this mixture crush about a med size clove of garlic on top. wrap onion in tin foil and put on the grill, making sure indirect heat for about an hour when soft take off open and add some Fresh black pepper and sea salt if you choose. Cut up to size of your choice. Enjoy

You certainly can do this in your regular oven entirely or do part of time inside and move outside.

I tried this one yesterday and it was a hit with the family. I took it one step further though. I took the rest of the clove of garlic from an elephant garlic and the center of the onion that was removed. Added a little olive oil and wrapped it in foil as well. Perfect spread for the rustic bread we had with the onion. :pbj

Back