• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Open Track day at Heartland Park Topeka

A

Anonymous

For all those that aren't fraidycats.

Gates open at 3pm, track is hot at 4:30pm...goes till dark. $60 gets you gobs of seat time!

Mark, when you post on the calendar you can select which board you want it posted in, it defaults to the tutorial board...FYI

Sheet, I just wanted it posted on the calendar. Just doing what I was told to do, you know...add to the calendar. Now you mean I have to pay attention... :wtf

"Fast68back" said:
Mark, when you post on the calendar you can select which board you want it posted in, it defaults to the tutorial board...FYI

What he said :dumas

Back from another tough day at the track, I kinda feel like Pete, only it's play retirement!

Ran the garage king till all the tread was gone and had nothing left but the cords, now I know what THAT feels like :yikes Thankfully I still had just enough sense left to come in before I trashed the car.

The new 4.11 gear was great, made much better use of all the gears and had gobs of torque whenever I wanted it. It'll be interesting to see what times I was running before the tread disappeared, it seemed like it was flying :pep

Time for new tires, rotors and pads.

"hivewax" said:
i thought they last forever...

:rofl Don't I wish!

I've resurfaced them 3 times already, time for new ones. They might last a long time on the street, but on the track...threshold braking from 120 all afternoon will chew em up :pep

Did I mention it's worth it?

Here's a short clip of the last lap before I came in, I realized the tread was gone and there was nothing left to stick to the pavement :pep

Normally I don't have brake lockup problems seeing as I just cruise around.

silverblue Mustang2

so that's not normal? :skull

cool vid!

Hell if all i had to pay was $60 for a track day, i'd go a couple times a month!

Back