• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

our 73 mach 1

Flysure1

A lot of you have heard my sad story about our 73 mach 1---my wife actually saw the car advertised on an auction sale bill online, it was being held about 75 miles from where we live, I told her 71-3's weren't my favorite year of mustangs, it was advertised as a 11,000 mile car, we went and she really liked the color, the interior was very clean but it had some outside rust issues, the drivers side quarter panel was rusty, also right fender bottom, some other spots on the doors,etc. I struck up a conversation with a guy looking at the car and he said it had a sad story behind it, the original owner was a lady who ordered it new, she was killed in another auto accident shortly after buying it, she had a teenage daughter who said she would like to drive the car when she turned 16 so the grandmother said she would keep it, the young girl turned 16 and shortly after developed leukemia and died.
The grandmother left it sitting under her carport for years, I never talked to the grandmother at the estate sale (she was moving into a retirement apartment) I can not verify the miles(it now shows 15,000)---the interior looks very low miles--all of the trim looks like new---I pulled off the valve covers to put on new gaskets and it also looked like new, anyway I had the car bought at 3500. and after minutes of pleading the auctioneer called a guy by name and said you know you want it--(the guy then made his first bid) and ran it to 4500. --I told the wife I was quitting at 5,000. I have done most of the work myself (that is why it is a driver) and we take it to quite a few cruises and a few shows, (it has won best of class at 3 very small shows and best of show at a very-very small show--40 cars total at it) The car will cruise all day at 75 on the interstate blowing cold air out of the original system!---The wife also has a 91 gt convertible , 5spd, tire chirper, and I have a 65 coupe 47,000 mile project that sat garaged for 29 years with the front clip hit--I am thinking of selling it as I have kind of lost interest in it.

Back