• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Painting the undercarriage

I "think" I am getting close to painting the undercarriage of my car. I have spent 3 days removing the tar-like substance the previous owner decided to cover the entire bottom of the car with and now comes the part I am unsure of. I know I need to put seam sealer at the joint where the new floor pan meets the rocker. I am also planning on putting seam sealer in the joint between the inner and outer wheelhouses that I replaced. Is there any other areas where I should apply seam sealer? Any other tips for painting the undercarriage? The car is already mounted on a rotisserie so that alone will make life a lot easier. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you are approaching it correctly. I would emphasize any lap of metal to be treated with a seam sealer, especially any area like tire wells that get hit with lots of water from the wheel. Of course toe board, flooring, etc.

Agree with what the great salmon cook said.... I go on the idea if I look at a joint and wonder if I should seal it or not...it gets seam sealer.

Back