• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Parking brake lever return spring

guruatbol

Always on vacation!
Dang it. I have been searching for a picture of how the parking brake return spring goes on the 65, but all the pics I can find are not real good including the one on the Mustang Monthly site.

I think I have a bigger problem though. I have a TKO in my 65 and it is super tight under there where I think the spring is supposed to go.

Damn it, I need this in order to get it registered. eventually I am going to put a lever on the hump, but for now it just has to work!

Anyone have a pic from under their care which shows the location of the return spring?

Thanks,

Mel

Look for two holes near the end of the pass. side floor support :)). Thats where it is on my 65fb. kip

That's what I thought. Between that and the pics on Mustang Monthly I got it on. Now I know why the muffler shop took the old one off. It rubs the top of my 3" exhaust. I'll just have to make a bracket that holds the spring up, but for now it works.

Thanks,

Mel

Back