• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Part Delays

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
Well, I took one to the gut yesterday. My own fault for not acting sooner. So as a public service I wanted to advise everyone to be aware in case you had similar intentions.

Went to place my order for all the gauge and electronic stuff for the truck from Dakota Digital. Learned that they are out 20 weeks on most everything I need. That means it could be July before I see the stuff. The one consolation being he said he could build my one fully custom gauge in time to be ready with everything else. On the bright side, I don't have to lay out all that cash for a while! Guess I can go spend that money on something else now and rebuild the fund while I wait. Seems the only logical thing to do, right? :p

I haven't seen it from that perspective...yet. However, I have standing auto-ships with Amazon for things like oil and filters that I have been burned on several times lately. Just this past weekend I had to buy five gallons of Rotella T6 at Wal-Mart (not one parts store had any) for the truck because it had been delayed twice by Amazon and it was past due for the change.

Of course it showed up yesterday...:mad:.

We do quite a bit of subscription shipment stuff with Amazon too. The ole wifey likes a certain flavor of this Bai brand drink that the local stores simply stopped selling when supply dried up. Amazon held up a bit longer but too went dry for a bit but is back on track now. This past year though had a lot of delays on stuff sometimes for literally months before normal deliveries resumed. I think part of the issue with Dakota was their own manufacturing parts shipments being delayed for quite a while. That and staffing issues just like everyone else. anymore.

Do you go numeric digital with the gauges ? Have a pic ?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

Went with their latest tech called the RTX series. You may recall I am building a modified dash using parts of the stock piece and a 1949/50 Ford sedan dash. The main gauge is based on the 49/50 sedan piece. It incorporates all the standard gauges including a tach into one unit. The electronic component of it permits all kinds of other stuff to be displayed and constantly monitored as well. Also having a custom gauge built to replace the stock clock in the center dash pod which will be a matching boost gauge to show how that beautiful compressor on top of the flatty is performing.
Dakota also has plenty of add ons I bought as well. I'll be using GPS for speed sensing as well as a bunch of other functions. Electric cooloing fan operation, AFR monitoring and lighting control for both interior and also exterior lights to function like a new car with automatic function based on how light it is outside, for example. Lots of cool techy stuff. I like the contrast of old meets new with this build.
In the end, its not cheap (what is anymore?) but the truck is worth it!
gauge.jpg

That looks awesome and suits the truck !
I was afraid you took this road/style :

Attachments

• DAKOTA DIGITAL.jpg
    DAKOTA DIGITAL.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 4
Yes , I do but when I hear Dakota Digital , those horrible gauges comes to my mind !!

Yeah I've been waiting for replacement parts to my Chinese lathe for 7 months now. The latest estimate was for delivery last month, but that didn't happen...again.

I have a set of custom Classic Ind gauges in my fastback. Great gauges/company. Not on the same page as Dakota. A number of years ago DD got wise and evolved the look of their stuff to meet the growing "restomod" trend. From what once looked like 80's alarm clock tech they have become the go to stuff for some of the biggest dollar builders out there. And for good reason. Cosmetically, they as good or better than anything out there if building an older classic/restomod. Where they do trounce everyone else is in the modern tech hiding behind the facia of those gauges. If anyone is not familiar with Dakota or hasn't taken a good look in the last few years you really should go check them out. They have lots of great videos showing off all their tech.

Here is one as a short teaser for us mustang guys but beyond their basic model specific stuff they have a huge assortment of add-on bits that can make a classic match the most modern car features. That was the draw for me. I wanted it to feel like a new car when sitting in the cab of the old truck. Anyway, video!

Back