• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Passing on parts...

AzPete

Well, after several pm's around here, it was decided that the instrument cluster from my '66 should be passed on to a certain young lady in Texas that has one questionable setup with diamond plate. It was shipped out today with the only payment request to the new owner that she make a donation thru Stangfix for the Cancer program. The other "thing" is that she never can sell the car since it has a part of John in it, no matter how haunted the car becomes. (She could use a workable amp gauge if anyone wants to ship one her way.....)

I imagine that there will now be a flood of wiring questions depending on what her po did behind the dash..... :lol

Yeah be prepared for TONS of questions. :lol

:10 Thank you again. I will cherish it every day and hope I don't get any tickets!

I may have a working ammeter, but the face may not be in the best of shape.

Oh, and to positively avoid a speeding ticket, never drive your Mustang through Citrus Heights, Kalifornia.

"Kats66Pny" said:
Yeah be prepared for TONS of questions. :lol

:10 Thank you again. I will cherish it every day and hope I don't get any tickets!

You'll likely get two within 15 minutes if you are not carefull!

Awesome. what brand are the gauges? I have a couple gauges around here somewhere. I will have to look for them when I get back from the end of tour season though. End of September.

I don't think we want to mix brands.

Johnpro lives on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :vic :vic :vic :vic

Mel

I couldn't remember.

I am sure someone here has one. If not she can install her aftermarket one under the dash until we can get one to her.

Mel

BRYAN, TX, US 08/17/2010 7:43 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

:pbj

This is like Christmas morning sitting around waiting to open presents. :lol

My daughters place is a culdesac also. Any time we are waiting for a delivery....it seems at least three ups trucks will make the turn around from delivering to other addresses......ya wonder how they set up the delivery route.

Kat....leave the UPS guy alone...he has other deliveries.......lol Says it was left at the front door....4:32 pm.....

I got it!! Had to run errands and when we got back, it was waiting for me. :pbj

66Dash.jpg

Now the fun begins. Trying to install it. :lol Well after I try to put on the damn export brace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Disconnect the ground on the battery first. Then pull the old cluster and see what you have from the PO's work......... Look for the wiring to match the info on the wiring site I sent you.

It is important on all elec. work that you do not let the smoke out. There is a limited supply........ :sad

"AzPete" said:
It is important on all elec. work that you do not let the smoke out. There is a limited supply........ :sad

If you do let the Smoke Jeannie out, remember, you only have three wishes!

Did you get an export brace? If not I have the stock set from my 65 that will never see that car again since I ground down the part on the shock tower.

Mel

Back