• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Password protected boards

I rehashed this old post since we have had a lot of new members recently and many requests for the passwords to the protected boards. We have a few rules for these boards. Please read through this post before requesting the passwords from the moderators of the Forum.

A few people have asked about the boards and the short and sweet of the password protected boards is this:

*Only Moderators and Admins should be spreading the passwords around. E-mail them if you would like the passwords.

*The passwords are to protect *YOU* You might actually be offended by what goes on in there. If you are offended, don't complain to us. Just quit reading the PW Boards. Unless it violates one of the other rules posted above, We don't care if you're upset, we are all grown-ups.

I have never been to the Old Farts Lounge..sounds like it would be perfect for an old fart like me...how do I get a password?

First off, thank you Forum creators - it's a great site.

So someone got offended. Too bad.

A guess it's just a greater reflection of the political correct toilet we live in, where few are adult enough to manage themselves and need someone to pet their emotions if they get bruised. I applaud this site for having the password protected room because then there is no excuse for the offended person to say, "I was never warned others might not think just like me".

So to the offended I'd say "don't log into that room".

You know who you are. You were crying in grade school too.

:fbomb

"GrabberOrange69" said:
First off, thank you Forum creators - it's a great site.

So someone got offended. Too bad.

A guess it's just a greater reflection of the political correct toilet we live in, where few are adult enough to manage themselves and need someone to pet their emotions if they get bruised. I applaud this site for having the password protected room because then there is no excuse for the offended person to say, "I was never warned others might not think just like me".

So to the offended I'd say "don't log into that room".

You know who you are. You were crying in grade school too.

:fbomb

I'm not sure if we ever really had a complaint against any of the passworded lounges. The lounges have been passworded since day one. After much discussion we felt that NOT having them passworded could eventually lead to a problem. This was all done back on day SF+1 when it was just Sluggo, Rick, Craig#1 and I. This site has come a LONG way since those first early days/weeks. As with any internet forum, the site is only as good as the members within.... that's one of the reasons why this is my "preferred" site.

We did have an issue where some of the threads within the passworded lounges started to berate/belittle/talk bad about non-members who did not have access to the lounges and therefore no means to defend themselves. We scraped the entire contents of the original Grumpy Old Farts Lounge because of this and started over with a new policy that prohibits members from trash-talking non-members behind the curtain of the passworded lounge. If you feel you have to "call out" a non-member, it needs to be done in an un-restricted lounge.

Back