• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

penetrating Graphite Oil

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
Where did I get it?

I have a small 'empty' of the stuff made by Panef. I thought I could just drop by the auto store and pick another tube up. Nope. not there, nor Home depot.

Where did I get the stuff? I think it was NAPA.

I have the instruments out to replace the voltage regulator and 'while I'm at it' I thought I'd lube up the speedo cable with this stuff.

So what else could I use?

Last edited:
I went to NAPA...didn't want to wait on Amazon or snail mail. Thanks
I have to sing the praises of Amazon too. Been a prime member for years and you honestly can't beat it. Longest I ever wait for something to arrive is two days and I never pay shipping. Maybe not so much car parts (but lots of specialty tools, though!) but for "regular" stuff and especially household needs and at Christmas time it is awesome.
Coolest thing yet, they have something called a DASH button. These are brand or product specific devices that allow you to order and have automatically shipped to you stuff. For example, you can get a Tide button that you attach to the face of your washing machine. SWMBO is doing laundry and realizes she is almost out of detergent. By pressing the button, it sends a signal via your computer to Amazon to send a replacement bottle of Tide. How cool is that?! They have DASH button for all kinds of stuff. As a Prime member that doesn't pay shipping the cost is pretty much on par with your local store and you don't have to leave home to get the things you need. That means more garage time!

I have to sing the praises of Amazon too. Been a prime member for years and you honestly can't beat it. Longest I ever wait for something to arrive is two days and I never pay shipping. Maybe not so much car parts (but lots of specialty tools, though!) but for "regular" stuff and especially household needs and at Christmas time it is awesome.
Coolest thing yet, they have something called a DASH button. These are brand or product specific devices that allow you to order and have automatically shipped to you stuff. For example, you can get a Tide button that you attach to the face of your washing machine. SWMBO is doing laundry and realizes she is almost out of detergent. By pressing the button, it sends a signal via your computer to Amazon to send a replacement bottle of Tide. How cool is that?! They have DASH button for all kinds of stuff. As a Prime member that doesn't pay shipping the cost is pretty much on par with your local store and you don't have to leave home to get the things you need. That means more garage time!
Not only that, the prices can't be touched. I own an auto repair shop and have commercial accounts with NAPA, Advance, AutoZone and more. Most parts can be found 30-50% cheaper for the same exact part. That means more time and money for the Mustangs..

I like Amazon because it is a great resource of what is commercially available, whether I order it through Amazon or not.

Mike: You're getting older bud (suffering from CRS), but it beats he!! out of the alternative.
I just joined Amazon Prime last week and I've already saved a bunch on shipping. My latest, and probably last, grandchild is going to be here on May 23 (caesarian), and I've been hitting Amazon for lots of baby stuff. It's my last grandchild because both my daughter-in-law and my daughter have said "that's it!". This one will be grandson #3 and I have one granddaughter. So far it appears that my 2yr old granddaughter is tougher than her five year old big brother and her three year old cousin. We'll see how she deals with cousin #2. Sorry for the ramble, but I'm getting excited to see the next little guy. (So's my daughter-in-law):)

When I was still drinking I would have had a dash button for Big Foot Ale on the refrigerator door. And maybe one for Coppola claret on the wine rack.:D

Back