• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Please allow me to introduce myself

ko67

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Kevin and I live in Richardson, Texas and am back to the world of Mustangs after a 20 year absence. I make my living practicing law, but I am also a Swiss trained watchmaker with a “master� certification. Someday, I plan to retire from practicing law and restore antique Swiss and American watches full time. Before I was married, I also worked as a standup comic and a professional musician. At one time I owned a 25% interest in a strip club. All of that is well behind me now.

When I was 15, my father and I purchased 2 mustang coupes, one 1967 and one 1968. We put them together into one “decent� frankencoupe. We did everything from bumper to bumper. I learned a lot, but much of it was bad habits. I sincerely hope one of you did not end up with this car, as it was a strange collection of parts held together with Bondo and bailing wire. There was also a half bag of skunky weed in a secret compartment in the console that I could not get out before my parents took the car away, but that is a different story. They took it away in 1985 when they came to my college graduation in my gift, a 1985 20th anniversary GT. I drove this car until it was stolen and never recovered in 1990.

In December of this year, I bought a “mostly� restored 1967 convertible. The well meaning prior owner “WMPO� was more of a street rod guy than a mustang guy. The sheet metal and paint are nice and the car is now rust free. It is candy apple red (the original color per the Marti report), and the engine is a crate 302 with a billet serpentine conversion and lots of performance and appearance touches. The tranny is a c4 auto built by an outfit called BTE. It has updated suspension and disk brakes, along with nicely done stiffeners and sub frame connectors. It can certainly get out of its own way. The interior was incomplete, and all wrong for a mustang. I have mostly finished rebuilding it with stock style repop parts. This included removing the dash mounted DVD screen and the neon blue courtesy lighting. Aside from the engine, I am going to restore as many of the original Marti reported options as I can.

I asked a retired NTSB engineer pal to help me design a three point belt mount for the front and rear. He and I researched and build the mounts shown in the gallery. The geometry is only marginally safe, as it is still below my shoulder by about 10 degrees, but it was the best we could figure out for this car. It is similar to references in shop manuals from the time period, as well as several convertibles on the market today.

Check out my gallery for pics of the car and I will post more as time permits.

Thanks for reading this long message. This board feels more like a community that any I have seen. I hope to eventually fit in and to meet those of you who are in the DFW area. I will have plenty of stupid questions and look forward to your answers, especially the smart a$$ ones. If anyone needs any help with law, watch repair, standup comedy, saxophones or strip clubs, give me a shout.

Kev

Welcome to stangfix Kevin! We are glad your here. It looks like a really nice vert you got there. Ill help you out by posting your pics in this thread.

566_01_03_10_11_40_39_0.JPG

566_01_03_10_11_40_39_1.JPG

566_01_03_10_11_40_39_2.JPG

566_01_03_10_11_40_39_3.JPG

566_01_03_10_11_41_43_0.JPG

566_01_03_10_11_41_43_1.JPG

We have one major rule around here, it never happened without pics. It nice to see that you already comply with that rule! :craz

Alright Kevin! Welcome to the asylum. I sure am glad to see another vert here! Great looking car too. Oh and remember, there's free beer tomorrow too! :craz

Welcome Kevin, nice vert you have there!!

Finally, we have a professional joke teller around here :pbj

Welcome! Beautiful 'vert!

And watch out for Jake (lethal) and his over-zealousness... he may just hump your leg as well.

"ko67" said:
When I was 15, my father and I purchased 2 mustang coupes, one 1967 and one 1968. We put them together into one “decent� frankencoupe. We did everything from bumper to bumper. I learned a lot, but much of it was bad habits. I sincerely hope one of you did not end up with this car, as it was a strange collection of parts held together with Bondo and bailing wire.

John? After hearing the story of your car, I think we may have a connection here...

In response to questions, that thing mounted on the rc bar is a power steering fluid tank. Go figure. Dont know why in the world it is there, but is looks kind of cool.

Welcome aboard Kevin.

Your introduction post should be used as a standard for all to follow. Nice background info on you and the car. It's so much easier for us to offer advice when we know a little bit about you, the car and your plan.

Ex-part owner in a strip club, huh? There's got to be a few good stories there....

What area of law are you currently practicing and at what point do you believe you'll be good enough at it to stop practicing and actually start doing it? That was an attempt at humor.

You're surrounded by wanna-be comedians around here so you should fit in just fine. You can request the passwords to the "private" lounges within the forum from any of the admin/moderator staff. I've got to warn you up front that you may find "one or two" lawyer jokes.... probably nothing that you haven't heard already.... but just the same, nothing personal.

WOW, and watchmaking,strip club owning comic lawyer with a passion for Mustangs! What could be better? Those don't all seam to mix usually however,...
I could see the connection to stand-up and strip clubs, but a lawyer and master watch maker too?
Anyway, thanks for the background. You'll find a lot of our stories here...
http://www.stangfix.com/testforum/index.php/topic,1119.0.html
welcome and we look forward to hear more about you and your Mustang.

"ko67" said:
Thanks for reading this long message. This board feels more like a community that any I have seen. I hope to eventually fit in and to meet those of you who are in the DFW area. I will have plenty of stupid questions and look forward to your answers, especially the smart a$$ ones. If anyone needs any help with law, watch repair, standup comedy, saxophones or strip clubs, give me a shout.

Kev

Welcome Kevin.

Looks like an application for StangFix North Texas Tour Guide to me. :pbj

Welcome to the StangFix Kevin. Beautiful 1967 convertible that you have there. Great introduction story. I think that one of our members did get your Mustang as we had a thread going about the things that we found in our Mustangs. Someone did find your stash. :eek:mg We can never have enough 1967 Mustangs at the StangFix. And I now know what Mustang I am going to nominate for COTM[nb]Car Of The Month[/nb] in April. :ecit fd

edit: fixed my typo

Did someone mention Rusty Owls??

Duane's gonna freak :scar

Back