• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Please show my your front seats~

Dne'

:show I've been looking at different front seats for my '67 coupe. I'm very interested in the BMW (E36,46) seats. Just like to see what "others" (you) have installed vs. the original seats. I know there is procar, but they're kind of pricey! I found some BMW seats on Craigslist for about 350.oo, but I'm not looking forward to the 4-5 hour drive one way, but by golly I'll do it :jam! There are some on Ebay, but they've already shot up to close to 400 not to mention 150.oo s/h! :doh
thanks,
dne'

Here are mine. They cost me $50. They are fiero seats with the speakers in the headrests. They had cloth covers when I purchased them off Craigslist. I order the BMW Leatherette from Mr. Mike's in FL. He sends all the material to rebuild them and instructional video. He is very helpful as well, highly recommended by me. The seat tracks didn't take much modification either. You can see more pics of the process on my cardomain account. Oh, don't forget to rate my ride if you go there.
[ftp=ftp://http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2981459]http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2981459[/ftp]
[img]http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn405/valleyfirearms/grass012.jpg[/img]/url]

Here are the ones in my 1968 fastback: 1970 Mach I seats covered in a custom leather 1966 deluxe interior style with the running horses insert panel.

sills3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Rick has a pair of Fiero seats. At least he had a set last time I was there.
It just so happens I'll be in his neighborhood next weekend so if you can work a deal I can drag them back for you.

Rick?

Just one more thing to consider.....I think unless you have a tilt column, most modern seats will require you to have the seat pans lowered.
Experts, please chime in :hide

"Sluggo" said:
I think Rick has a pair of Fiero seats. At least he had a set last time I was there.
It just so happens I'll be in his neighborhood next weekend so if you can work a deal I can drag them back for you.

Rick?
I must admit, the seats in Mike's car are totally cool! I went on craigslist and ebay, but at this time they're none up for sale. The only thing I can't make out on the Fiero seats, are there levers to allow the seat to fold forwardly, or do they not have any lever and just lean forward when pulling on them? I would want them to lock. That's one reason I was looking for seats that the back locks in to place. Just got up ya'll, need to exercise~ I'll be back!
dne'

First, I sold the fiero seats to a guy in Atlanta who wanted them for a Kit car.

I've tried three sets of seats in my car. The first was a set of BMW seats. They were very nice, but they were in multiple pieces, meaning the lower seat was three pieces and the upholstry shop would have cherged me for each piece to recover them. The second set was indeed fiero seats, which were very nice sets. They did have levers to tilt them back. The good thing about the fiero seats is they have a low seat pan, new covers can be easily found at mrmike.com. I can not say enough good things about MrMike, super nice guy an his kits are one of th most complete, best put together i've ever seen. His kit came with a 40 minute how to video that walks you through recovering the seats, hog ring pliers, hog rings, spray adhesive, extra padding incase there are tears in the foam, just a great kit. you can also get new levers and hing covers from the fiero store. The downside is you have to do some funky work to get the seat tracks to work, the mustang tracks are too short so you have to fab up some brackets. Its not hard to do, but when I was done it had added enough to the height to make me decide I didnt like them as much. There is a mustanger out there in internet world, PakRat that has some great pics on the web on how to fab up the brackets.

SOOO, I found the TMI sport seat conversion for the '68's and added the '67 headrests.

Here are some pics of all of them.

541371_396_full.jpg

541371_395_full.jpg

541371_394_full.jpg

541371_461_full.jpg

541371_450_full.jpg

There are more pics here
cardomain link

Let me know if you have any questions or need any hog rings. Dave S was nice enough to send me a truckload of them.

I'm 5-1" and 120lbs :rof Actually, I'm 5-10" / 220lbs. I did use the fiero tracks. I modified them to work in the factory holes in my floor. I found some brackets at work in a bucket of uni-strut fittings that worked perfectly. I will say that this job is rated "medium" on the difficulty scale. You do have to have moderate skills and patience to tackle this job. Luckily the center to center spacing, from side to side, on the tracks were almost identical to the mustangs. It took a little doing but I got the bolts in the holes. There is a huge thread on another site that pretty much describes how several different people did theirs as mentioned. They do sit a little higher than the stock seats but it's a trade off because I love these seats. As far as the levers, I switched seats so the levers are on the insides. I did this because MrMike told me they usually get torn off after a while due to getting in and out of the vehicle. They do lock securely and solid.
[img]http://i322.photobucket.com/al...5/valleyfirearms/fieroseats007.jpg[/img]/url]

not great but will do for now

I bought these off of(where else :hide2), ebay, weren't a steal, but maybe OK for now. I paid 350 and 99 S/h. My main happiness is that since they're out of a Mustang, they bolt right up! There are a few places, mainly along the bottom rail that are torn, but the upper portions where one sits is fine~ still need some major cleaning. Why don't people at least wipe things down before sending~ wouldn't take 10 minutes! I forget what year they came out of (71?). They were recovered, but judging by the hog rings and insides, must had been a while. All in all, they'll do me for now. Seat rails: one had the nut rusted on, but as luck would happen, I had that seat rail and replaced it, so all seat rails function well. :pbj One more thing out of the way!
Thanks for the photos posted!
dne'
IMG_7806.jpg

IMG_7812.jpg

Flight suit?

I love one piece work outfits! I bought this off of Ebay. I have two~ one for getting really nasty, and the other for fun, looking nice. Fits perfectly, and is warm and fairly protective from scraps and snags when working on the Mustang. I have a couple other jumpsuits, They're Toyota jumpsuits that I bought from a guy in Japan. Apparently the workers there wear nice looking jumpsuits when working on the assembly line. I'm always looking for other jumpsuits! Thanks for noticing!
dne'

"Fast68back" said:
Those look pretty sharp. :cool Where did you get the flight suit?

Those are '69 Mach I seats. $350 for a pair isn't bad, especially if they're in good shape. I have Mach I seats in my 67fb as well, and I love them. They're much more supporting than the stock "buckets." At some point I'll probably do a TMI Sport Seat conversion on them.

Back