• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Porterhouse steak is the BEST !!

Mach1Mark

Ramrod extraordinaire
Donator
Last week I purposed to find a good quality Porterhouse steak and I succeeded. Havent had a Porterhouse in over a decade and now that Ive found a local source I intend to have them often. We also had baked potato w/ sour cream. Yummy.
:thu

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
There is nothing like a porter house........

If you go to my food gallery, you will find a couple dishes.

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
For steak lovers, this steak actually brings you two different cuts of beef with a bone seperating them, the Tenderloin and a top loin (aka New York strip) steak.

Yes, Sluggy. Once in awhile I do eat beef.

BobV

"cmayna" said:
For steak lovers, this steak actually brings you two different cuts of beef with a bone separating them, the Tenderloin and a top loin (aka New York Kansas City strip) steak.
Fixed... (We're sensitive about this in "flyover country". :thu )

The Kansas City Strip and the New York Strip refer to the same cut of meat. Apparently restaurants in New York City in the 1930's decided they couldn't sell a fancy steak named after Kansas City (where the stockyards and slaughterhouses were located). So, they just started calling it a New York Strip.

If you want a steak renamed by a egotistical chef, order the New York Strip. If you want a steak named for the cut of beef originally selected by butchers working next to the stockyards, order the Kansas City Strip.

KTJMcG

If the weather holds up here like it's been, I might start the smoker. Those porterhouses might be good off a slow cook.

ko67

Forgive my steak ignorance, but is a porterhouse the same as a T bone steak? The don't offer porterhouse steaks at the Sizzler or the Golden Corral where I eat.

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
T-bone steak is similar to Porterhouse, but the size of the tenderloin is much smaller. Both are from the same section of bovine, but at different segments.

Mach1Mark

Ramrod extraordinaire
Donator
"lethal289" said:
looks like you over cooked it!

Thats the photo editting . . . steak was a perfect 'medium' (light pink) and juicy.

"70 StangMan" said:
Better than Rib Eye ?? (I love Rib Eye , just curious )

I LOVE rib eye too but a Porterhouse is more dense and tender and has to be cut 1" thick. Not a cheap cut but WAY worth the $$$.

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Again, the porterhouse is basically two steaks in one. It consists of both a Tenderloin and a top loin (new york) steak.

sportyworty

Love a Porterhouse stacked with grilled Onions and Mushrooms. My favorite is a Baseball cut Sirloin with Blue Cheese crumbles. That I visited this thread one of the above is going down this weekend :yah

O

opentrackerSteve

I'm having Maui grass fed stak this evening at the Makawao Steak House....

70 StangMan

Donator
"opentrackerSteve" said:
I'm having Maui grass fed stak this evening at the Makawao Steak House....
Maui grass fed.......I bet that was one :censored up cow before they capped him..... Maybe that's why they feed 'em Maui grass. :confu