• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Possible new hood

That will look good at the church parking lot.......

Glad it worked out good for you. One step closer now..... :vic

One of those TV car shows did an episode once where they did a fake carbon fiber finish, you should do that in flat black to the hood until your ready to paint the car. IIRC it was fairly simple. I'll dig around and see if i can find the article.

"Fast68back" said:
One of those TV car shows did an episode once where they did a fake carbon fiber finish, you should do that in flat black to the hood until your ready to paint the car. IIRC it was fairly simple. I'll dig around and see if i can find the article.

Oh that sounds interesting! :ecit

And funny, but I won't be driving Gert to work. The neighborhood isn't the best and so I'm going to be driving hubbys Lexus and he drive Gert to work until I can get my Sebring vert brakes done and new inspection.

looks really good on gert kat. good swap there..deff sand down the stripes and a fresh coat of satin black would do wonders to the looks you get

"fordrule" said:
looks really good on gert kat. good swap there..deff sand down the stripes and a fresh coat of satin black would do wonders to the looks you get
yes yes
"Fast68back" said:
I think they used that rubber mat stuff with holes in it, laid it on the hood (a black hood) and then sprayed a grey color. When they removed the mat it had a carbon fiber look to it. Then they clear coated it IIRC.

"Fast68back" said:

It was a muscle car episode from 2009 on Spike. Project street fighter. They used the non slip mats with the little holes in them.
here is a little info on it.
http://www.powerblocktv.com/magazine/?pub=08402127&page=10

That carbonfiber looks cool.. but too much work. :lol I think I'll just stick to some rattle can flat black for now and cover the pink ugliness.

Back