1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Problem with rear drum brakes, I'm out of ideas.

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain/Mechanical' started by msell66, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Patrick Stapler

Patrick Stapler Active Member

Sweet. Glad you got it fixed.

2. Grabber70Mach

Grabber70Mach Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that you finally got it figured out.

3. msell66

msell66 Burning Fossil Fuels Donator

Well shit. I bought the drivers side backing plate and parts and installed them today. I was sure my problem was fixed, but no.
    After getting the new parts on, I put the wheel on and just as before, it no longer rotates. I was so disgusted, I closed the shop and left.

Now I have one side normal and one still f’d up. Back to the drawing board.

Or a case of Tannerite.

Mark

4. Grabber70Mach

That bites, sorry to hear.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

5. msell66

Sure wish one of you fellas could find it in your heart to come fix this for me.

Mark

6. Grabber70Mach

You could be like Terry and just go out and buy a complete new rear end, drum to drum. That should fix it, you can Thank me later.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

RapidRabbit and kb3 like this.
  7. msell66

Funny you say that!

I took the axles to Quick Performance here in Ames yesterday so they could make me a new set. Talked to one of their "Tech" guys and after explaining the problem he said to bring him all the parts and they'll check it all out in-house. They have lots of 9" rear housing and they'll put it together there and see what the damn problem is. God knows I've exhausted every other option!

Grabber70Mach likes this.
  8. steveh326

steveh326 Member

been following your problem. frustrating I know for something that seems like it ought to be straightforward to find but nothing works out... good luck in your quest, will be waiting to hear that it's fixed !