• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Progress

Why not put a bullet-hole emblem over it, but cut out a hole to make it look more genuine?

d001_450.jpeg

Talked with the shop yesterday and he's going to fill the holes and repaint the taillight panel, as necessary.

Carpet, fiberglass interior panels, and rear seat went in yesterday. It' amazing what can be accomplished if someone actually works on the car...

Not such good news for the old shop. All the folks in the "I was taken for $20K or more club" have gotten together and contacted the attorney general about charges; that in addition to their contacting the local news, which has already started interviews. Might be a good show to watch...

As for me, I’m still in contact with the former shop owner who has agreed to meet me and discuss refunding my money; we’ll see.

More progress...

Folding rear seat went in today. Started on recovering the front.

Newshop010.jpg

Newshop007.jpg

Newshop012.jpg

Newshop013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interior's complete so we had it up to check fluid levels before a test drive... Anyone surprised that the rear end was dry? Not sure how much driving they had done, but it at least went 5 miles to the front-end shop... Never a dull moment...

Nice progress Gary. Thanks for posting the picture of the trunk compartment. I never installed the slide mechanism that holds the trap door in the open position onto my FB... mostly because all of the trunk metal had been replaced and I had a new trap door so I couldn't figure out exactly where it mounted. The picture makes it crystal clear, thanks!

Where your deck lid tension rod passes through the "U" clip screwed onto the underside of the deck lid.... there should be a short length of hard rubber slid onto the rod that will prevent a possible rattle and also prevent chaffing between the rod and "U" clip/bracket.

"daveSanborn" said:
Nice progress Gary. Thanks for posting the picture of the trunk compartment. I never installed the slide mechanism that holds the trap door in the open position onto my FB... mostly because all of the trunk metal had been replaced and I had a new trap door so I couldn't figure out exactly where it mounted. The picture makes it crystal clear, thanks!

Where your deck lid tension rod passes through the "U" clip screwed onto the underside of the deck lid.... there should be a short length of hard rubber slid onto the rod that will prevent a possible rattle and also prevent chaffing between the rod and "U" clip/bracket.

Glad I could help you for a change. Thanks for the info on the rubber.

Most of the interior is in now. Of course, not without having to first replace items... In this case the seat cushions for the Pony interior differ from the standard; something I wouldn't expect me to know, but a Classis Mustang Shop???

Interior007.jpg

Interior006.jpg

Interior008.jpg

Also, today we discovered problems with the front and rear springs. I think we now know that the list wasn’t entirely due to the driveway slant… Ordered new springs today. Parts purchase up over $3K. I have a meeting scheduled with the old shops owner. I really don’t expect him to show.

I had a meeting with the owner Thursday night to discuss the money he owes me. We agreed on the amount and though I didn't walk away with the cash, he did sign an agreement to refund over the next 4 months. Well, I'll give him the four months to make good, then we'll see.

I did also get the radio that I had bought for the car.

Below is the link to the local news story...

http://www.wral.com/5onyourside/story/8489292/

Glad you reach a settlement. Just hopes he pays. Keep us posted. At least you have you Mustang and it is not being held hostage.

"janschutz" said:
Glad you reach a settlement. Just hopes he pays. Keep us posted. At least you have you Mustang and it is not being held hostage.

A refund would be nice since I'm spending the money planned for my coupe...

New rear springs are in and now the coil. We're going with 480# with a 1" drop; hopefully, it will have about the same profile.

Trans-springs016.jpg

Trans-springs015.jpg

Springs are on, I like the height, and it rides great... Today is a milestone of sorts; if you consider I own two Mustangs, a '64.5 for 15 years, a '66 for 2 years, and today is the first time I've ever driven one...

I should have the car home this weekend...

Newsprings013.jpg

Newsprings014.jpg

Newsprings015.jpg

The list keeps growing of "work" done by Classic Chassis that we had to redo. I hate to think what I'd have been stuck with had I not reclaimed it when I did, and had someone else look it over; no seam sealer on the body work, worn out springs front and rear, no oil in the rear end, steering column mounted incorrectly, wires run through the firewall without a grommet (sorted the alternator harness) windows and side vents not sealed, bent bumper brackets (no wonder he couldn't get the rear bumper straight), had to shorten the drive shaft, clutch and brake pedals mounted incorrectly, damaged pedal support bracket, and worn pedal bushings, incorrect master cylinder push rod (explains no brakes). The list goes on and on... Total to date... $5,800.00 in parts to complete what wasn't done, and redo what was... From what I can tell, the only thing done correct the first time was the paint, and that was done by the guy finishing the car for me now.

I'm going to have a beautiful classic mustang soon, but it won't be from Classic Chassis.

All chrome and emblems are on, and rebuilt pedal support shaft with the roller bearing kit (wouldn't want to do that twice). Monday the vent window rubber is replaced, and front end alignment; then only fill the holes in the taillight panel and touch up the paint...

nearlydone002.jpg

nearlydone003.jpg

Emblems001.jpg

Emblems003.jpg

If I actually get my money back from the original shop, I can finally finish the coupe (only a 15 year effort...).

thats a lot of positive progress..thats a heartbreak of a story and the classic crap place better have a good lawyer or a good doc..broken knee caps anyone lol..

Home by this weekend, and hopefully the last chapter of this story...

Nightshots001.jpg

Nightshots002.jpg

Nightshots003.jpg

Back