• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Project POS '67 Coupe

"daveSanborn" said:
Craig,

Whichever is easier for you. I'll be at your disposal for either Monday night or Tuesday morning.

Located approx. 12 miles from my house in "the city" is a Marriot affiliated hotel. Nice area to stay in as it's not on the water and therefore shouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/ewnsh-springhill-suites-new-bern/

I wonder if there is running water and electricity around New Bern...

"Midlife" said:
I wonder if there is running water and electricity around New Bern...
Well I'm going to find out! I'm hitting the road in the morning. Dave, I'll see ya Tuesday, Duane I think I'll try to stop and see you on Monday. I'll call when I get in the area.
Dave,
I think I still have your cell# I'll call Monday night to set-up a time to meet Tuesday morning. Got the spindles and drag link loaded up.

we should see his completed trailer in a week or so.....

Craig picked up the car, not Nick. I'm sure it will be a little longer than a week or so. I am looking forward to seeing how his trailer conversion works out. Something different, that's for sure.

Craig, i thought you might be interested in this pic.

107935.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that is one of the nicer setups I have seen. Did you see the front end of the trailer?

After talking with Craig this morning, I believe that is EXACTLY the look he is going for.... except in a more manly color.... Red.

"daveSanborn" said:
Craig picked up the car, not Nick. I'm sure it will be a little longer than a week or so. I am looking forward to seeing how his trailer conversion works out. Something different, that's for sure.

Nick sure did make a name himself that wont soon be forgoten as long as great stuff is around. LoL :craz

Glad to hear Craig made it safely, has anyone heard from him as he makes his way back home?

Dave, i have a question for you. In fact ill probably explain the whole situation soon. But if the that car, in its exact condition except being a fastback with a good title (6cyl rulling rotten shell), What kind of value would you put on it?

That's a tough call....

I ..... and this is just me talking.... put a "value" of ~$250 on the title-less 'POS '67 Coupe roller. Basically, the scrap metal value of the car.

The same car.... if it were a 2+2 would probably fetch at least 10 times that amount in the current market. Likely more.

I don't "set" the market value for these cars, it's just the way it is.

Two friends of mine have cars they want me to buy. They're tired of storing them and want to see them finished/on the road in a good home.

One guy has a '67 Fairlane.... 4 door, 100% complete, running and driving 289/C4, just needs paint (it's stored in primer). I wouldn't give him $500 for it and he'd be insulted at my offer. I'm just not interested in his car.

The other guy has a '67 Fairlane, 390/toploader/9" car, 2DR, slantback, original color was Raven Black. No major rust/rot, but it needs a LOT of work. I offered him $3500 and he's still thinking about it.... and has been for the past couple years. I'm VERY interested in his car.

The moral of this little story is the body style makes a BIG difference!

"abrahamfh" said:
Nick sure did make a name himself that wont soon be forgoten as long as great stuff is around. LoL :craz

Glad to hear Craig made it safely, has anyone heard from him as he makes his way back home?
HEY!!! 26 hours of driving in the last 48! About 1500 miles. I'm home. Can't say thanks enough Dave for the POS! It's actually better than I imagined it would be.
It was great to meet Rick, thanks for closing my tail gate!!! that would have been bad. I started to drive off with the tail gate open.
Duane,
Thanks for the doughnuts!!! I stopped in Hickory NC and had lunch with Duane on the way home. He gave me some fresh Krispy Kream's to take home. The truck smelled so good with the doughnuts in it.

Thanks everyone for the concern too, you guys are like family!!!

Wow, thats one heck of a trip for a POS..... LOL. So where are the pictures from the trip? When does the tear down and build begin?

Well like an idiot I forgot to bring my camera! oops. I don't work like Nick either! It will be a little slower. First I have to clean out the garage. Everything from the two rooms I gutted (due to water damage) is in the stall my Mustang is not in. I didn't even unload the car tonight. Maybe tomorrow I will get the garage clean and move the POS in. My wife doesn't want it in the driveway! On the 13 hour drive today I went over every possible way I could do this project! I like that yellow one Lethal posted. I need to have it ready by June for the power tour, probably will be "stock" looking 67 for now but eventually I'd like to make it match the car, not enough funds to do that right now. Dave gave me every thing I need to make it look stock.

"tarafied1" said:
HEY!!! 26 hours of driving in the last 48! About 1500 miles. I'm home. Can't say thanks enough Dave for the POS! It's actually better than I imagined it would be.
It was great to meet Rick, thanks for closing my tail gate!!! that would have been bad. I started to drive off with the tail gate open.
Duane,
Thanks for the doughnuts!!! I stopped in Hickory NC and had lunch with Duane on the way home. He gave me some fresh Krispy Kream's to take home. The truck smelled so good with the doughnuts in it.

Thanks everyone for the concern too, you guys are like family!!!

Glad you made it home safely Craig. That is some serious driving. :ep

Back