• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

R15 Tires

"hivewax" said:
i'll just have to steal your wheels/tires when you're not looking sitting in front of the 'puter... :naug

Door's always open........if you can find my house.

Not really, it's just a metaphor meaning you're welcome to stop by. Now for those that may happen to stumble upon my secret lair and try to steal parts.....THAT is a diff story altogether. I have trained Owls awaiting said suckers and it won't be pretty :yikes

"hivewax" said:
does anyone have a gift certicate # from Tire Rack?? :naug

Good luck on that one :crazy but if you do find one, can I split it with you :nice

well, i got the BFG g-Force Sport 225/60R15 + 215/50R15. i'm thinking of going to local used tire shop to mount the tires on the wheels. i'm just scared they might knick the rim with the hammer when they put the weights on the ridge. i seen weights put on the lip... can i ask for those or are there only certain shops that put those on??

I would ask them to balance them using stick on weights from the back side. My '66 has no weights showing and is smooth running. Just tell them you don't want any weights showing. Any good shop should be able to do that.

"AzPete" said:
I would ask them to balance them using stick on weights from the back side. My '66 has no weights showing and is smooth running. Just tell them you don't want any weights showing. Any good shop should be able to do that.

Agree, make them put them on the inside.

wow, ordered the tires from Tire Rack yesterday, and they just came in... now that is fast. i'm looking at the 215/50R15 and the side-wall looks small... let's hope it looks right.

Here's what Nitto NT-01, 225/45ZR15's look like.........pretty small, they only measure 23" diameter.

74_06_08_09_1_39_25.JPG

74_06_08_09_1_40_02.JPG

I can't find similar pics of the 215/60R15's I have for the street, but they fill the wheel wells much better. The old track tires filled them completely up!

well, i got the BFG g-Force Sport 225/60R15 + 215/50R15.

Let me know how those 225/60/15 tires fit..... from my experience it's a 50/50 shot that they'll be too large and rub.... usually on the front lower edge of the fender opening.

Good Luck!

OK, back from the dead. :lol

And, back to bedding the brakes...

I read the procedure provided in the links from Mark :!!.

Now, do I leave the proportional valve at roughly 75% front - 25% rear? Or, put it at 100% front?
Wondering, will the rear brakes be bedding correctly if @75%/25%?

I keep my prop lever where it's taking nothing away from the rear brakes when bedding the brakes.

You should have full fronts regardless of the prop valve. I run with as much rear brake as possible and the only time I've needed to back off the rears is when I'm running street tires and less then 1/2 tank of fuel (on track).

Back