• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Radiator mounts

Does anyone have any pictures of how the lower radiator mounts are attached to the radiator support? My old radiator was the 20" bolt in type and the new one is larger and uses the mounting brackets. The upper mount is pretty much self explanatory, the lowers had me scratchin my head though.

The lowers on a 67-68 car attach to the outside edge of the strut rod braces right where they meet the radiator support crossmember. The repro brackets usually have to be tweaked a little bit so that they fit flush, but they'll screw/bolt onto the strut rod brace.

So there is a hole in the strut rod/brace channel that the brackets bolt to? That makes life much simplier, I was afraid they were welded. Now I just gotta paint/coat the lower brackets.

Thanks Dave (you got my vote for contributor of the month!)

Well, if they can be, they will be bolted on, I'm not going to grind off paint to wled them on then repaint.......

oh you wimp. I'd weld them. Then using an airbrush, touch the area up. When it's my turn, lets see if I practice what I preach :binkybaby:

Back