1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Radio

Discussion in 'Interior Board' started by Badass70, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Badass70

Badass70 Member

Does anyone know if they make a Bluetooth classic looking radio? I had installed an autosound but the dam volume broke on it so now I need a new one. I only use my iPod in the car so just looking for something easy to connect to the radio.

2. 68stang289

68stang289 Member

I looked for one for my 70, but was never able to find one with Bluetooth and the classic look. Obviously if you upgrade to a new single DIN CD player your choices for Bluetooth are endless. If you do find anything, please let us know though!

3. Badass70

Badass70 Member

I'm going to try and call a few places see what they say. Really don't want the modern look. Like the classic look with the modern features

4. 68stang289

68stang289 Member

Another option would be to keep the factory radio in and then wire up a modern deck into the glove box or somewhere hidden. A lot of the new decks allow you to use a remote, so you could still control everything while having the classic look exposed. I recall seeing a few build threads on that other site that shall remain nameless a few years back for this setup.

5. Badass70

Badass70 Member

I thought about it but I'm not too good with remotes I seem to loose them in the house all the time I'm sure it would be the same in the car. Ill have to check that other nameless site and see what I can come up with.

6. CUAviator

CUAviator Member

Reviving an old thread, but the RetroSound is really nice.

7. Horseplay

Horseplay Well-Known Member

I'd say 5 years counts as old! :D I do agree on the RetroSound unit, though. Have one myself.

8. 6t6red

6t6red Well-Known Member

I've had mine for 8 years and it works great.

9. 3175375

3175375 Well-Known Member

If you get a Bluetooth capable unit, can't you manage it with your smartphone?

10. CUAviator

CUAviator Member

Yes. Point being the retro sound has both Bluetooth and direct connect (usb to phone/iPod/jump drive) WHILE looking like a classic radio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. 3175375

National Parts Depot might have something or you keep the stock radio n wire in a modern radio n Mount it in the glove box or hide it under the dash

12. msell66

msell66 Burning Fossil Fuels Donator

Too bad you'll never enjoy it.

Grabber70Mach likes this.
  13. kb3

kb3 Well-Known Member

Sure he will....when he is sitting in the car in the garage making vroom vroom sounds. I hear you can even get sounds of a running V8 that you can play over the radio!

14. 3175375

15. msell66

LMFAO

16. Horseplay

OK smart asses. Guess who is taking tomorrow off? Yep. Have a few more odds and ends plus the exhaust collectors to mod and the next new engine gets fired up! And yes, I do use the car radio some while working in the garage.

17. 3175375

I had installed Doug Thorley tri-y and the magafloa exhaust. I bought stainless braided flex junctions n got them tig welded to the header collectors. Came out nice

18. Horseplay

Well, to complete the thread hijack...

I got a new set of headers as well for the latest engine install. These new collectors have a ball flange as opposed to the old flat flange and gasket style used originally. Just have to cut off the old flanges on the intermediate pipes and weld on the new ball flanges. Much better set-up as it allows for less critical pipe alignment and eliminates the gaskets all together for a better, lasting seal. Headers are a much thicker gauge as well so will aid in the overall sound quality. Less "tinnie", I hope.

19. msell66

Nice to see you step up to Real headers.