• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Random thoughts on the Noobies on the VMF

I agree I wish we had more traffic. I have quite a bit of time on my hands during the day while at work and do a LOT of websurfing. I like that we have a pretty experienced group of members here, a lot of "been there done that", but its also nice to be able to help someone out that is new to the hobby and could use some help or a point in the right direction. And it wouldn't hurt to get more updates to the daily thong or CoTM nominations.......

"Fast68back" said:
I agree I wish we had more traffic. I have quite a bit of time on my hands during the day while at work and do a LOT of websurfing. I like that we have a pretty experienced group of members here, a lot of "been there done that", but its also nice to be able to help someone out that is new to the hobby and could use some help or a point in the right direction. And it wouldn't hurt to get more updates to the daily thong or CoTM nominations.......

The member count is low only because we keep the riff-raff out.

"silverblueBP" said:
The member count is low only because we keep the riff-raff out.

Other than the temporary banning of you and Kevin for posting that picture, no one has been banned or denied membership to our little corner of the web......

"Fast68back" said:
Other than the temporary banning of you and Kevin for posting that picture, no one has been banned or denied membership to our little corner of the web......

Sorry, that was a typo. I meant to say keep the riff-raff IN.

What picture are you talking about?

"Fast68back" said:
I agree I wish we had more traffic. I have quite a bit of time on my hands during the day while at work and do a LOT of websurfing.

x2.

I think it seems slower to me than it really is because I don't visit all the sub-forums very often. There's like a dozen sub-forums just in the 1964-1/2 through 1973 section. If all the general discussion/tech stuff was together it would seem more active.

On the flip side though, maybe the way it is now makes it easier for people who specialize in paint or electrical, etc., to find and help those who need it. Trade off I guess.

I would submit that the most popular button on this little site is this one:

"Show unread posts since last visit"

Which nets between 10-20 thread for every 12-14 hour period. Within those threads, a few tend to blow from time to time with rapid fire action posting....but most are of non-mustang related discussions.

If you attempted to have that button on the VMF like we did a long time ago.....it would probably bring down the server.

Here, let me explain why sometimes the activity here on this site is slow. It's because we're too busy working on a Mustang or smoking stinky fish. It's only when dinner is called, that we have a moment to catch up with the internet social world. Then again, if we get more new members like GypsyR who just joined today, all hell will break loose leaving some of us with no time but to stay online.

:bowdown

There, I feel better.

It would seem more busy if some of you cats would post once in a while. :roll

I think part of what keeps the post count down is most of us are nearly done with our cars and don't go through an engine a year. :hide

"Sluggo" said:
I think part of what keeps the post count down is most of us are nearly done with our cars and don't go through an engine a year. :hide
now that right there is funny!

"dodgestang" said:
I would submit that the most popular button on this little site is this one:

"Show unread posts since last visit"

what happened to that button?? i lived by that thing until the last forum upgrade & it dissappeared.... :shrug

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
what happened to that button?? i lived by that thing until the last forum upgrade & it dissappeared.... :shrug
Go to the top, and just below "Hello SellersRodShop", there are two links...

"Midlife" said:
and if its not there, there is a little drop down arrow up in the top right corner by KB4 in the header that makes its appear / disappear.

"Sluggo" said:
It would seem more busy if some of you cats would post once in a while. :roll

What are you insinuating?

Maybe if some of us abused our rigs, they might need more love and attention, followed by new questions here on the forum such as why is my left big toe slightly larger than the right one?

"cmayna" said:
Maybe if some of us abused our rigs, they might need more love and attention, followed by new questions here on the forum such as why is my left big toe slightly larger than the right one?

I have a question.....

How can I get two master cylinder's installed, one prop valve plumbed in, and 2 systems bled.....without me having to get off my ass and either go out to the garage and do it or dragging the car somewhere to have it done? :(

"dodgestang" said:
I have a question.....

How can I get two master cylinder's installed, one prop valve plumbed in, and 2 systems bled.....without me having to get off my ass and either go out to the garage and do it or dragging the car somewhere to have it done? :(

Get divorced and marry a mechanic.

"Midlife" said:

"lethal289" said:
and if its not there, there is a little drop down arrow up in the top right corner by KB4 in the header that makes its appear / disappear.

thanks! found the little arrow & now have the function back!

hey mid, saw a good program on AE last night on NPT. also supposed to be something on our local news tonight. if it amounts to anything, i'll post a link.

Back