• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rapid Rabbit's 70 Stang

It sure did. Ran pretty good. The aod really keeps it smooth on the highway. Was doing about 60 on back country highway near my house.

A few minutes behind the wheel and you will quickly forget all the troubles you had. Sounds good, congrats on getting it back on the road.

A few minutes behind the wheel and you will quickly forget all the troubles you had. Sounds good, congrats on getting it back on the road.
When I started this project I was driving 45 minutes one way to work all highway. So i thought fuel injection and aod would be better so that I could drive it more.

Now I'm 10 minutes from work and it all seems pointless. In hind sight I wish I would have just rebuilt my original 302 and c4 or just added the aod.

Live and learn. It's mostly done now, waaaaay over budget, and too late to go back.

But at least it's back on the road.

NEVER look back. What's the point? So very cool you got it back on the road. For a while there I thought you might be ready to throw in the towel. Just in time though. Isn't the first snow just a few weeks away up there in Northern Cheeseland? :p

I was ready to throw in the towel many times. Luckily the wind blew it back at me.

I did learn a lot in the process. I'm more confident in taking on a custom project now then I was before.

And I'm surprised it didn't start snowing the day I got it back.

Thanks guys.

I spent yesterday cleaning the interior. Didn't realize how dirty it got just sitting around.

Now I need to wash wax and clean all the chrome.

316b6e6720fdc1e86744116f82424f80.jpg
85e25d618a266b0f0c40a7a506986d25.jpg
c7200306686f765386d3d7a40a4e3cc7.jpg

that's worst part. They do get dirty whether they sit or you drive them. I hate cleaning them so I have a sign that says "dirty cuz it's driven" but man I can't imagine a white interior! Looks good but wow hard to keep clean!

Took a couple days of this week.

Got the fuel leak fixed.

Washed the Stang and took it for a ride.

Stopped by the body shop to talk about fixing that ding and paint chip in the door and maybe a few other issues.

As soon as I got there and shut off the car smoke came billowing out from all sides of the hood. Thought I blew a gasket or something.

Opened up the hood and there was a geyser of coolant spraying straight up!

Luckily it wasn't a major problem. I used the metal coolant tubes for the heater from the 5.0 and the cap i put on the pipe where the egr used to hook up popped off. The body shop had one that would work and a zip tie to get me home.

Ugh.

Well at least the outside is clean. Now I have to do the engine compartment clean up.

885621aabd63d4acc6a5bcf80e852799.jpg

bd5933129fb6c594e5dc86bbac1cd4e2.jpg

Back