• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rapid Rabbit's 70 Stang

You can't get a break can you! At least it is little stuff now and not the big priced items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just can't believe no one carries the right fuse. I had my whole day set aside to get the dash all back together.

Same here, just remembered that I need a couple 6-32 hardened steel screws and the place closes at 5 and it is 4:59 now.

I've had the car for 13 years and never had to replace a fuse yet. But of course the one that goes is the odd ball no one carries.

that is what aluminum foil was made for!

Trying to find glass fuses in the part stores is becoming increasingly difficult. Kids now days would look at them in wonder!

Your issue will not likely be corrected with just a fuse. Something made it blow. Could have just been you fusing about but given the age of the wiring might be something that will need fixing. LEDs draw way less current so its not that you just changed out the bulbs. Better give all the wiring a good look over while you are in there or even if the fuse gets it working again you could be a big pothole away from lights out on the road.

I'm hoping it was just me moving bulbs around. All the contacts look ok on the circuit board. If the fuse doesn't fix it then it's the next thing I'll replace. It's only $45 for a new circuit board so I'll probably order one anyway.

Other wise maybe I got a bad switch as I replaced that with a new one as well.

I never drive the car in the dark anyway. I'll just mount a battery powered led over the speedometer. Lol.

Not to toot my own horn (beep beep!), but I carry every fuse known to vintage Mustangs at $1 each. I buy them in quantities of 100+ from fuse suppliers.

I suspect RR's problem was the 4 amp fuse, no? They are bastards to get in and out of the fusebox, even when the entire harness is sitting on a workbench.

Not to toot my own horn (beep beep!), but I carry every fuse known to vintage Mustangs at $1 each. I buy them in quantities of 100+ from fuse suppliers.

I suspect RR's problem was the 4 amp fuse, no? They are bastards to get in and out of the fusebox, even when the entire harness is sitting on a workbench.
I should have emailed you. I wasn't sure if you stocked that many fuses. I bought a 25 pack from CJ for $27. 5 of each fuse size.

If I'm looking at it right the fuse I need is a very small 2.5 amp one.

The 2.5 amp fuses were used from 64.5 through 68; 4.0 amps from 69 onwards. If your car is a 70, you need the 4 amp buggers.

The 2.5 amp fuses were used from 64.5 through 68; 4.0 amps from 69 onwards. If your car is a 70, you need the 4 amp buggers.
Crap. I didn't want to bother you but I sure wish I had.

This is what I pulled out. I can't read the numbers on it.

c0b0fc842f3e35982d68e0390b2d1091.jpg

OMG! You are destined for a life with a spouse, 3 kids, debt, and an addiction to the Internet. God save you!

All read from your "lifeline".

Well it's midlife to the rescue again.

I got the correct fuse for the dash lights and all is working again.

Today I reassembled the dash, painted the radiator and fan shroud. Relocated my Horns and touched up the paint around the radiator support area.

It's all coming back together. Should be out on the road in a couple weeks. If the weather ever cooperates. It's going to snow tomorrow!

Yup. They're saying snow in the morning then turning to frozen mix them rain. It'll all melt off quick but it's normal for us to still get snow well into April.

Back